How Can Orbital Angular Momentum be Used to Enhance Key Rate Generation in QKD?

In summary, the person is looking for books or articles about mathematical analysis and modeling of orbital angular momentum in order to improve the key rate generation rate in QKD. They are seeking guidance on how to start the modeling process.
kaje
Hi,
I need any good books or articles about the mathematical analysis and modelling of orbital angular momentum

Regards

Physics news on Phys.org
You probably need to elaborate your question a bit more. Currently, I have no idea why you categorized this thread as A(dvanced).

kaje said:
Hi,
I need any good books or articles about the mathematical analysis and modelling of orbital angular momentum

Regards

Every QM text ever written.

Likes kaje
Hi,

Thanks for your comment ..

This is the first post, do I need to change the category?.. I want to use OAM to improve the key rate generation rate in QKD, so I want to know how to start the modelling.

Regards

[QUOTE="kaje, post: 5268560, member: I want to use OAM to improve the key rate generation rate in QKD, so I want to know how to start the modelling.
[/QUOTE]
Always introduce your abbreviations.

1. What is orbital angular momentum?

Orbital angular momentum is a physical quantity that describes the rotational motion of a body around a fixed point or axis. It is a vector quantity that takes into account the mass, velocity, and distance of the rotating object.

2. How is orbital angular momentum different from spin angular momentum?

Orbital angular momentum is associated with the motion of an object in a circular or elliptical path, while spin angular momentum is associated with the intrinsic rotation of a particle around its own axis. They are two distinct types of angular momentum and can both exist simultaneously.

3. What is the relationship between orbital angular momentum and angular velocity?

Angular velocity is the rate of change of an object's angular displacement, while orbital angular momentum is the product of the object's moment of inertia and angular velocity. In other words, orbital angular momentum is directly proportional to angular velocity.

4. How is orbital angular momentum quantized?

Orbital angular momentum, like other forms of angular momentum, is quantized, meaning it can only take on certain discrete values. This is a consequence of the wave-like nature of particles at the quantum level, and is described by the laws of quantum mechanics.

5. What are some real-world applications of orbital angular momentum?

Orbital angular momentum has many applications in physics and engineering, such as in the study of celestial bodies and their motion, the design of satellites and spacecraft, and the development of new technologies like optical tweezers and quantum computing. It also plays a crucial role in understanding the behavior of atoms and molecules in chemistry and material science.