Well, if you want to use a calculator, like the TI-86, it will find an approximation of the roots fast....Maybe that is what you mean.
As for the entry given on PlanetMath.Org, I note at the bottom of that page the "disclaimer": The formulas for the roots are much too unwieldy to be used for solving quartic equations by radicals, even with the help of a computer.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving