Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ordering a playlist

1. Nov 4, 2005 #1
    So how do you all order your music playlist? Do you go by genre, artist, date released, random, or something else? I am curious about different ways to order my playlist, and I know you guys will have some crazy ideas :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2005 #2
    Completely random :smile:

4. Nov 4, 2005 #3
    When I had a CD player I ordered my playlists by the order that they'd song best in (minimum clashing of how songs sounded). Now that I don't have a CD player, I just go totally random (with well over 80 minutes of per playlist).

5. Nov 4, 2005 #4
    I mix them up so that the same band isn't within 4 or so songs next to one another....

6. Nov 4, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have mine grouped into separate playlists by genre, and I'm not sure what order they're in within a genre...sometimes when I'm looking for something specific, I sort by artist or title or album, depending on what it is that I'm trying to find. But, I use the random feature for playing them.

My CDs are grouped alphabetically by artist within genre.

7. Nov 5, 2005 #6
    I have a U2 so it groups my music automatically.

8. Nov 5, 2005 #7
    Dont use playlists, but i sort my music per geneder on my PC, and usually shuffle them on my ipod.. I have almost 100Gig of music on my pc tho

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?