1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Ordering a playlist

1. Nov 4, 2005 #1
    So how do you all order your music playlist? Do you go by genre, artist, date released, random, or something else? I am curious about different ways to order my playlist, and I know you guys will have some crazy ideas :smile:

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 4, 2005 #2
    Completely random :smile:

4. Nov 4, 2005 #3
    When I had a CD player I ordered my playlists by the order that they'd song best in (minimum clashing of how songs sounded). Now that I don't have a CD player, I just go totally random (with well over 80 minutes of per playlist).

5. Nov 4, 2005 #4
    I mix them up so that the same band isn't within 4 or so songs next to one another....

6. Nov 4, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have mine grouped into separate playlists by genre, and I'm not sure what order they're in within a genre...sometimes when I'm looking for something specific, I sort by artist or title or album, depending on what it is that I'm trying to find. But, I use the random feature for playing them.

My CDs are grouped alphabetically by artist within genre.

7. Nov 5, 2005 #6
    I have a U2 so it groups my music automatically.

8. Nov 5, 2005 #7
    Dont use playlists, but i sort my music per geneder on my PC, and usually shuffle them on my ipod.. I have almost 100Gig of music on my pc tho

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?