Other financial aid box graduate app

In summary, when applying for a PhD program in statistics, it is important to consider the specific school, country, and state or province. It is recommended to contact the guidance department at the school for more information on the best choices for applying for additional financial aid and increasing chances for a full assistantship.
chimath35
I am applying for a PhD program in statistics and I want a full assistantship. Should I check the box to apply for additional financial aid or will that affect an assistantship chance? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Depends on the school you are applying to, and the country and state or province. You should contact the guidance department at the school you are applying to and find out what your best choices are.

DEvens said:
Depends on the school you are applying to, and the country and state or province. You should contact the guidance department at the school you are applying to and find out what your best choices are.
Thanks

1. What is the "Other financial aid box" on the graduate application?

The "Other financial aid box" on the graduate application is a section where you can list any additional financial aid you may be receiving from external sources. This could include scholarships, grants, or loans from organizations outside of the university you are applying to.

2. Do I have to fill out the "Other financial aid box" if I am not receiving any additional financial aid?

No, you do not have to fill out the "Other financial aid box" if you are not receiving any additional financial aid. This section is only necessary if you are receiving financial aid from sources outside of the university.

3. Can I include federal financial aid in the "Other financial aid box"?

No, you should not include federal financial aid, such as Pell Grants or federal loans, in the "Other financial aid box". These types of aid should be listed in the appropriate sections of the application designated for federal aid.

4. Do I need to provide proof of the financial aid I list in the "Other financial aid box"?

It is not necessary to provide proof of the financial aid you list in the "Other financial aid box". However, if the university requires verification of the aid, they may request documentation from you.

5. Can I update the information in the "Other financial aid box" after submitting my application?

Most universities will allow you to update the information in the "Other financial aid box" after submitting your application. However, it is important to check with the specific university to see if they have any restrictions or deadlines for updating this information.