Is the OU Beng Engineering Degree Respected by Employers?

In summary, the individual is currently pursuing a HND in mechanical engineering with distinctions and also holds a HNC in general engineering with distinctions. They are in their late twenties and looking for universities to do a top-up degree or enter in second/third year. They have recently discovered the Open University and are wondering about the reputation of their Beng engineering degree among employers and if it allows for further education such as a masters. They also inquire about the possibility of specializing in mechanical engineering after completing the degree. The links provided are for the Open University's Q78 and Q65 qualifications. The individual is unsure if OU stands for Ohio University, Oakland University, Oxford University, University of Oklahoma, or another institution. HND and HNC are not defined
lee123456789
Hi
Currently doing finish my HND mechanical engineering (distinction so far) and have HNC in general engineering (distinctions). I am late twenties so looking for unis to do top-up degree or second/third year uni. I've just come across open uni.

Has anybody done or know about the OU Beng engineering degree.
Is it respected by employers can you go on doing masters?
It seems like a general engineering course, is that a bad thing? can you go onto like specialize after on master like mechanical?http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/q78http://www.open.ac.uk/courses/qualifications/q65

Physics news on Phys.org
OU = Ohio university? Oakland university? Oxford university? University of Oklahoma? Other?

HND =?
HNC = ?

Likes berkeman
OU = Open uni

1. Is the OU Beng Engineering Degree recognized by employers?

Yes, the OU Beng Engineering Degree is recognized by employers. The degree program is accredited by the Engineering Council UK, which means it meets the standards set by the engineering industry and is recognized by employers in the UK and internationally.

2. Will I have the same job opportunities with an OU Beng Engineering Degree as I would with a traditional degree?

Yes, you will have similar job opportunities with an OU Beng Engineering Degree as you would with a traditional degree. The degree program covers the same core engineering principles and skills as a traditional degree, and is recognized by employers in the same way.

3. How does the reputation of the OU Beng Engineering Degree compare to other engineering degrees?

The reputation of the OU Beng Engineering Degree is comparable to other engineering degrees. The program is accredited by the Engineering Council UK and the Open University is a well-respected institution with a long history of providing high-quality education. Employers value the skills and knowledge gained from an OU Beng Engineering Degree.

4. Are there any specific industries or companies that prefer graduates with an OU Beng Engineering Degree?

There are no specific industries or companies that prefer graduates with an OU Beng Engineering Degree. The degree program covers a broad range of engineering principles and skills, making graduates suitable for various industries and companies.

5. How can I demonstrate the value of my OU Beng Engineering Degree to potential employers?

You can demonstrate the value of your OU Beng Engineering Degree to potential employers by highlighting the skills and knowledge you have gained during your studies. You can also mention the accreditation of the degree program by the Engineering Council UK and the recognition of the Open University as a reputable institution. Additionally, you can showcase any relevant projects or work experience you have gained during your studies.