A Scary Look at Past Work Experience of a US President

In summary, the speaker discusses their past work experience, including running for US Congress and producing a Hollywood movie, as well as their accomplishments as Governor and President. These accomplishments include changing pollution laws, having the most executions as Governor, attacking and overtaking two countries as President, and setting records for economic and environmental issues. The speaker also mentions their record for most press conferences, laws and executive orders, and fundraising trips as a president, as well as being the first to order a preemptive attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation. They also highlight their various controversial decisions, such as removing the US from international organizations and refusing to abide by the Geneva Convention. The speaker concludes by mentioning their close ties to corporate donors and the negative impact of their
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
This is an update of a previous one. It's frightening.

Past Work Experience
I ran for US Congress and lost.

I produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; the company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.

With my father's help and name, I was elected Governor of Texas.

Accomplishments as Governor:

I changed pollution laws in favor of the power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union.

I replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog-ridden city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money.

I set the record for the most executions by any Governor in American history.

I became US President after losing the popular vote by over 500,000 votes with the help of major Enron money and my father's appointments to the Supreme Court.

Accomplishments as President:

I attacked and overtook two countries.

I spent the US surplus and effectively bankrupted the US Treasury.

I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in US history.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any 12-month period.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the US stock market.

My record for environmental issues is the least of my concerns.

I am the first president in US history to enter office with a criminal record.

I set the all-time record for most days on vacation in anyone year period.

After taking-off the entire month of August, I then presided over the worst security failure in US history.

I am supporting development of a "Tactical Bunker Buster" nuke, a WMD.

I am getting our troops killed, under the lie of Saddam's procurement of Yellow Cake Nuke WMD components, then blaming the lie on our British friends.

I set the record for most campaign fundraising trips by a US president.

In my first year in office over 2-million Americans lost their jobs and that trend continues every month.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any president in US history.

I set the record for least amount of press conferences than any president since the advent of television.

I signed more laws and executive orders effectively amending or ignoring the Constitution than any president in history.

I presided over the biggest energy crisis in US history and refused to intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in US history and refused to use national reserves as past presidents have done.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in war time.

I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously protest me in public venues (15 million people) shattering the record for protest against any person in the history of mankind.

I've dissolved more international treaties than any president in US history.

I've made my presidency the most secretive and unaccountable of any in US history.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any administration in US history.

My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice, has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

I am the first president in US history to have almost all 50 states of the Union simultaneously suffer massive financial crisis.

I presided over the biggest corporate stock market fraud of any market in any country in history.

I am the first president in US history to order a preemptive attack and the military occupation of a sovereign nation, and I did so against the will of the United Nations and the world community.

I created the largest government department bureaucracy in the history of the United States.

I set the all-time record for biggest annual budget spending increases, more than any president in history.

I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Human Rights Commission.

I am the first president in US history to have the United Nations remove the US from the Elections Monitoring Board.

I removed more checks and balances, and have the least amount of congressional oversight than any presidential administration in US history.

I rendered the entire United Nations viewpoints irrelevant.

I withdrew the US from the World Court of Law.

I refused to allow inspectors access to US "prisoners of war"
(detainees)
and thereby have refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

I am the first president in history to refuse United Nations election inspectors (during the 2002 US election).

I am the all-time US and world record-holder for receiving the most corporate campaign donations.

My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends, (Kenneth Lay, former CEO of Enron Corporation) presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in US history. My political party used the Enron private jets and corporate attorneys to assure my success with the US Supreme Court during my election decision.

I have spent more money on polls and focus groups than any president in US history.

I garnered the most sympathy for the US after the World Trade Center attacks and less than a year later made the US the most resented country in the world, possibly the largest failure of diplomacy in World history.

I am actively working on a policy of "disengagement" creating the most hostile of Israel-Palestine relations in at least 30 years.

I am first president in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%) view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

I am the first US president in history to have the people of South Korea more threatened by the US than by their immediate neighbor, North Korea.

I changed the US policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded government contracts.

I set an all-time record for the number of administration appointees who violated US law by not selling their huge personal investments in corporations bidding for US contracts.

I failed to fulfill my pledge to capture Osama Bin Laden, dead or alive.

I failed to capture the anthrax killer who tried to murder the leaders of our country at the US Capitol Building. Even after 18 months I have no leads and no credible suspects.

In the past 18 months following the World Trade Center attack I have successfully prevented any public investigation into the biggest security failure in the history of the United States.

I removed more freedoms and civil liberties for Americans than any president in US history.

In a little over two years, I created the most divided country in decades, possibly the most divided since the Civil War.

I entered my office with the strongest economy in US history and have turned every single economic category downward -- all in less than two years.

Records and References:

I have at least one conviction for drunk driving in Maine. My Texas driving record has been erased and is not available.

I was AWOL from the National Guard.

I refuse to take a drug test or even answer any questions about drug use.

All records of my tenure as Governor of Texas are now in my father's library, sealed, and unavailable for public view.

All records of SEC investigations into insider trading or bankrupt companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-president, attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public review.

~ Please consider my experience when voting in 2004.

Physics news on Phys.org
Did you write that yourself or do you have a link to where you got it?

Originally posted by russ_watters

It was sent by a friend. I will try to get the source.

I ran a search on the last statement and this is what I came up with...

http://blog.deanforamerica.com/archives/001154.html [Broken]

http://votefraud.com/printthread.html?threadid=124959

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
It was sent by a friend. I will try to get the source.
Don't worry about it, Tsunami pretty much covered it. And its the kind of thing that's by its nature virtually impossible to pin down.

It is a shame that so many Americans can ignore the truths about Bush...and that we get more facts from a forwarded email than from the "liberal"(HA!) media.

Bush is my hero! LOL.

Even if only half of those are half true, you have the reason I did not vote Bush. Course I won't say the demo's would have been any better. I want a national lottery for elected offices, we could not do any worse by random selection, and may do a lot better.

Yet, somehow, some people can look at that list, which is factually true(although simplified for brevity), and still think that Bush a a good choice...how?!?

Impressive list, Ivan. I doubt that the Republican party will tolerate this mess much longer, it brings so much shame on the party of Lincoln. The hard-core base will believe all the fantasies until the bitter end, then be shipped to mental institutions.

This is an update of a previous one. It's frightening.

I'm sorry, please don't take this in a bad way. I don't find this frightening, nor as schwartz says, do I find it "impressive". Have you checked these claims out personally?

Past Work Experience
I ran for US Congress and lost.
This really is not a big ddeal, and kind of silly to list IMO. He ran against a conservative Democratic Senator named Kent Hance, they agreed on almost every issue and Kent Hance later even contributed to GWB's campaign fund. Not surprising to lose your first race to a favored incumbent with like views.

I produced a Hollywood slasher B movie.

This is really misleading, he served on the board of directors of Silver Screen Management. Silver Screen Management is the same company who helped fund movies like little mermaid, and beauty and the beast. Although, they may have also influenced Disney with producing R rated movies, which I don't believe they had done prior to involving with Silver Screen.

I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; the company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.
Actually, I think that was..couldn't find any offshore reserves in Bahrain. As for the texas oil, the prices dropped and many of the oil companies at that time ran into serious trouble.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took land using taxpayer money.
I'd like to know when have a 2% percent share and less then 10% interest is "owning" anything. He was restricted to having little to no say in management of the team, and was essentially just a pretty face used for promotion and advertising. It left him a millionare, in his own right, a smart business move.

With my father's help and name, I was elected Governor of Texas.
Was there something negative or illegal about this? or just sour apples?

I changed pollution laws in favor of the power and oil companies and made Texas the most polluted state in the Union.

I replaced Los Angeles with Houston as the most smog-ridden city in America.

Texas decreased toxic emmisions from major industries by over 40% during this time period, and according to the EPA LA violated federal s standards twice as many times as texas. This statement in your list is really an outright lie.

I cut taxes and bankrupted Texas government to the tune of billions in borrowed money.
I don't get this one, maybe you can show a legitimate source to support it. The Cato Institute's Fiscal Policy Report Card on the Governors consistantly gave GWB a "B" and I'm quite sure you will find that Texas held a surplus during the entire period of the 95-2000. In fact, I am fairly sure that during the race with Gore, under Bush Texas had over a 1 billion dollar surplus.

Maybe we should chew on this a bit before we go any further?

Last edited:
Kay, you are pretty predictable...Republicans and Israel can do no wrong in your eyes...you can continue if you like, but we know where you are going. Doesn't it hurt to ignore so much truth, so often?

*Edit* That was meant to be sarcastic, but seriously...doesn't it strain you to have to stand up for scum like Bush. He hid from Vietnam, but then wears a uniform for political purposes. He has sold out years of our future on sweetheart deals to restore an Iraq we didn't need to invade. He is tough on terrorists...so long as the 'terrorists' have oil. He lies and lies and lies and it is ok? Because he is a Republican?

Tens of millions of dollars, not to mention wasted FBI manpower, were used to catch Clinton in a single lie, all in a smear campaign to destroy a sitting president. Those liars and criminal scum are now at the heart of Bush's administration. These are people who will lie just because they are so used to doing so. They are selling America and its freedosm away for corporate profit.

And you support them. Doesn't it hurt?

Oh, and I agree about the slasher movie, BTW...it is maybe the closest thing to actual work Bush ever did in his entire life, besides buy his own drugs.

Originally posted by Zero
Kay, you are pretty predictable...Republicans and Israel can do no wrong in your eyes...you can continue if you like, but we know where you are going. Doesn't it hurt to ignore so much truth, so often?

*Edit* That was meant to be sarcastic, but seriously...doesn't it strain you to have to stand up for scum like Bush. He hid from Vietnam, but then wears a uniform for political purposes. He has sold out years of our future on sweetheart deals to restore an Iraq we didn't need to invade. He is tough on terrorists...so long as the 'terrorists' have oil. He lies and lies and lies and it is ok? Because he is a Republican?

Well, okay, sarcasm usually reflects a persons true feelings..it just allows them an out when confronted about them. ANYWAY, It doesn't strain me at all to point out and correct intentional and misleading lies. Are you saying lying and misleading people in response is OK? Doesn't it hurt to be such a hypocrit?

Tens of millions of dollars, not to mention wasted FBI manpower, were used to catch Clinton in a single lie, all in a smear campaign to destroy a sitting president. Those liars and criminal scum are now at the heart of Bush's administration. These are people who will lie just because they are so used to doing so. They are selling America and its freedosm away for corporate profit.

And you support them. Doesn't it hurt?
Yeah, it was a great deal of misdirection particularly since the same people busy protecting Clinton from the stupid waste of money and manpower could have been vocally outraged at his actions in Iraq. Does this mean it's okay to be a liar and wage smear campaigns as well? doesn't the hypocrisy hurt? If you review my post in regards to Clinton and if you search your memory I'm sure you'll remember that my points on clinton have never been inregards to his "sex" life. Although accusations of rape etc. are to say the least disturbing, in any situation and in regards to any male no matter what position he might hold.

BUT, anyway, This thread isn't about Clinton so can we get back on topic and address my response to the STATEMENTS AT HAND as opposed to your personal anger and issues?

Last edited:
Yeah, let's get back on the part where you are wrong! That would be in defending Bush. That's why the first part was sarcasm, because I know you aren't stupid, and if anyone can see through Bush, it SHOULD be you. I was disappointed, that's all...you've always been down on Clinton on fair and reasonable grounds, and on fair and reasonable grounds you should also be against Bush. Not for his goofiness, or his so-called conservatism, but on the facts. We can even leave out his incredibly shady business dealings. We cannot excuse his constant lies for political gain, though. There are certain lies we expect from politicians, and it is a shame. What we don't expect is for a politician to say one thing, and then do the EXACT opposite, do we?

Yeah, let's get back on the part where you are wrong! That would be in defending Bush. That's why the first part was sarcasm, because I know you aren't stupid, and if anyone can see through Bush, it SHOULD be you. I was disappointed, that's all...you've always been down on Clinton on fair and reasonable grounds, and on fair and reasonable grounds you should also be against Bush. Not for his goofiness, or his so-called conservatism, but on the facts. We can even leave out his incredibly shady business dealings. We cannot excuse his constant lies for political gain, though. There are certain lies we expect from politicians, and it is a shame. What we don't expect is for a politician to say one thing, and then do the EXACT opposite, do we?

LOL, good dodge. Why don't you get back on topic and either admit that my comments on the points on his list are either correct or explain where they are wrong. I don't need to bash Bush on these forums, you cover those bases well enough for all of us. The problem is you'll settle for evasion on Clinton issues and lies and misdirection on Bush issues. IF THIS IS NOT CORRECT then again, address the statements at hand and get off this tangent.

Ok, ok...jeez, you could research this stuff yourself, you know, but ok. Oh, and I'm ignoring some of them, as I don't think they are relevant either, even if they are true.(Like the B-movie thing, who cares?)
Originally posted by kat
[B Actually, I think that was..couldn't find any offshore reserves in Bahrain. As for the texas oil, the prices dropped and many of the oil companies at that time ran into serious trouble.
The oil company troubles had little to do with Bush's scams...and neither did oil, frankly. Here's a VERY brief history of Bush and oil:

1977:Bush starts Arbusto Energy, Inc. when he decides to run for Congress, advertising himself as 'a thirty-two year old Midland oil producer.

1979:Arbusto actually begins operations.(2 years after he claimed to be an oil-producer) Bush raises $4.7 miliion from his dad's friends. Arbusto also drills its first of many dry wells.

1982:Arbusto has a cash value of $382,376. Bush sells a 10% share in Arbusto to a Panamanian company for $1,000,000. He renames the company Bush Explorations.

1983: Bush sells BE to Spectrum 7, pockets some loot.

1986: Harken Energy buys Spectrum 7(Bush pockets more cash)

1989: Poppy becomes president. Bahrain mysteriously drops talks with Amoco, focuses on Harken Energy.

1990: Harken lands the exclusive oil drilling contract in Bahrain, surprising the oil industry, since Harken had never drilled overseas before. President Bush begins allowing political access to the representative of a Saudi Arabian sheik, both of who, coincidentally, are involved deeply with Harken.

Also 1990: Harken threatened with foreclosure in May. Bush sells his stock in June. Doesn't file disclosure until 1991.

I'd like to know when have a 2% percent share and less then 10% interest is "owning" anything. He was restricted to having little to no say in management of the team, and was essentially just a pretty face used for promotion and advertising. It left him a millionare, in his own right, a smart business move. Was there something negative or illegal about this? or just sour apples?
Uh huh...so using his influence to bilk taxpayers is ok, so long as it is technically legal? Is that moral reletavism sneaking in?

Texas decreased toxic emmisions from major industries by over 40% during this time period, and according to the EPA LA violated federal s standards twice as many times as texas. This statement in your list is really an outright lie.
You'd have to show sourses, since the figures I've seen show a different picture. Wait, I remember Bush's bold tactic to bring Texas within EPA standards: petition the EPA to lower the standards.(and, based on his presidency, we can believe this story: Bush has a way of editing any scientific report that makes his policies look as stupid as they are)

I'll get you more later.

Originally posted by kat
Have you checked these claims out personally?

Not at all. It seems that the burden of proof lies with the Howard Dean web site. Like I told Russ, this was taken from a personal email - from a knowledgeable friend.

I know that many of these claims are true so I decided to post. I was sure that you on the right would appreciate the opportunity to speak to this scathing indictment of Bush.

Uh huh...so using his influence to bilk taxpayers is ok, so long as it is technically legal? Is that moral reletavism sneaking in?

Why did you combine my statements on two different topics in the quote this reply was to? It makes it appear as though I said something in regards to that subject that I definitely did not.

Originally posted by kat
Why did you combine my statements on two different topics in the quote this reply was to? It makes it appear as though I said something in regards to that subject that I definitely did not.
Whatever, kat. I'm not sure what I did, you tell em and I'll fix it.

Would be nice if you took back some of those times you falsely called me antisemitic, but I don't believe in miracles.

Originally posted by kat
I'm sorry, please don't take this in a bad way. I don't find this frightening, nor as schwartz says, do I find it "impressive". Have you checked these claims out personally?
Kat, while I believe you are correct, this thread is so not worth the effort. Better to just let it go.

UGH.

Originally posted by kat
Have you checked these claims out personally?

Not at all. It seems that the burden of proof lies with the Howard Dean web site. Like I told Russ, this was taken from a personal email - from a knowledgeable friend.
Well, no actually. It was posted on the message board at Dean's website, so the Dean campaign isn't really responsible for the content.

Its pretty much just an anonymous chain-email. Its point of origin will be pretty much impossible to pin down. And that makes it not worth the effort to argue (either for or against).

Well, no actually. It was posted on the message board at Dean's website, so the Dean campaign isn't really responsible for the content.

Its pretty much just an anonymous chain-email. Its point of origin will be pretty much impossible to pin down. And that makes it not worth the effort to argue (either for or against).
No fact checking required, huh? The next obvious question would be: did you help with the "fact checking" on Ann Coulter's book??

(If you were a progressive, I'd of course ask if you helped work on Michael Moore's last one...)

I've actually emailed the person who posted that on Dean's website to inquire about it's origin. It's been two days and no reply - however, it IS a holiday weekend. If I get any response, I'll post the info.

Originally posted by Tsunami
I've actually emailed the person who posted that on Dean's website to inquire about it's origin. It's been two days and no reply - however, it IS a holiday weekend. If I get any response, I'll post the info.
Well, it looks like a list of all the investigative reporting done on Bush from the last 5 years or so.

Well, it looks like a list of all the investigative reporting done on Bush from the last 5 years or so.
Pretty much what I thought, too.

Originally posted by Tsunami
Pretty much what I thought, too.
And there are probably 1000 magazine articles, and a dozen books that outline these points. Funny, though, that the 'liberal media' didn't pick up on most of these, even though they are for the most part in the public record.

And there are probably 1000 magazine articles, and a dozen books that outline these points. Funny, though, that the 'liberal media' didn't pick up on most of these, even though they are for the most part in the public record.
YEAH! Why IS that? What a bunch of bull!

It's fairly impressive, Kat. Bush sold his stock before his company went bankrupt-- the same activity that Martha Stuart is in the dock for.
In test polls, with the candidate's name ommitted and only qualifications included, Bush scores below average against Democrats and Republicans alike.
You don't need to go to the Dean website to find interesting facts about the President, the House of Representatives has a few things to say about him -- "caught on film"
ah, here it is:
http://www.house.gov/appropriations_democrats/caughtonfilm.htm [Broken]

See, in the case of Bush, it isn't about Dems or Repugs...it is about how a tiny ultraradical group of neocons have put their agenda ahead of teh needs of the American people, and put a lying, incompetent thug as figurehead.

Originally posted by schwarzchildradius
You don't need to go to the Dean website to find interesting facts about the President, the House of Representatives has a few things to say about him -- "caught on film"
ah, here it is:
http://www.house.gov/appropriations_democrats/caughtonfilm.htm [Broken]
Interesting to see that Congressmen can post their own personal websites on the House domain.
No fact checking required, huh? The next obvious question would be: did you help with the "fact checking" on Ann Coulter's book??
Zero, lately you're a little too quick with the comebacks and you're sticking your foot in your mouth again. I'll let you think about the implications of that one before pointing out your misstep. Or if you wish, I can just let it go.

Whatever, kat. I'm not sure what I did, you tell em and I'll fix it.

Would be nice if you took back some of those times you falsely called me antisemitic, but I don't believe in miracles.

I told you, you combined two separate comments to two separate quotes as though they were written together in regards to the baseball team.

as for calling you antisemitic, I'd take it back if I didn't believe it were true, and apologize profusely..but...

I'm glad that you have so many facts and opinions about GWB and his oil ventures, but that doesn't change a thing in regards to the statement and the truth of my comment on it.
To refresh your memory.
The email states "I bought an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas; the company went bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock."
This is incorrect, GWB succesfully drilled oil in about 50 percent of the drilling that he did in Texas. *BZZZT* The email is INCORRECT! comprende?

Like I said...it is an oversimplification.

Interesting to see that Congressmen can post their own personal websites on the House domain. Zero, lately you're a little too quick with the comebacks and you're sticking your foot in your mouth again. I'll let you think about the implications of that one before pointing out your misstep. Or if you wish, I can just let it go.
Nah, let it go...I've got guitars on the brain again. The initial fact-checking should have been done by the authors of that email...I think Michael Moore's factcheckers must have been on that one.

Like I said...it is an oversimplification.

Yes, well, actually you said "Ok, ok...jeez, you could research this stuff yourself, you know, but ok." and I just wanted to be sure that it is clear that I had researched it.