Particle moving along path, change of angle of inclination

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Unicow
Messages
14
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


upload_2017-7-16_22-57-30.png


Homework Equations


Equation given in question.

The Attempt at a Solution


The only thing I could think of was to try changing the y=3x^3 into polar coordinates but I didn't know where to go from there... Could I get some direction to how I should go about this, I'm sort of stumped as to how I should start this.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Unicow said:

Homework Statement


View attachment 207313

Homework Equations


Equation given in question.

The Attempt at a Solution


The only thing I could think of was to try changing the y=3x^3 into polar coordinates but I didn't know where to go from there... Could I get some direction to how I should go about this, I'm sort of stumped as to how I should start this.

Your "question" is unreadable. You should take the trouble to actually type it out here; many helpers would not look at posted images, even if they were readable.
 
Unicow said:
how I should go about this,
You are given a hint to use curvature. Have you been taught any equations relating to that? See "curvature of a graph" at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curvature.
Or, from first principles, you know ##\theta=\arctan (dy/dx)##. You could find how fast that changes as x changes and divide by how fast distance along the curve changes as x changes.