Passage Principle: Exploring the Physics

• Thread starter Jon_C
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Principle
In summary, the principle is that if two natures exist separated by a barrier and an entity or element from one nature (first) uses a gateway to enter into the other nature (second), then, presumably, an entity or element from the second nature could, likewise, use the same gateway to enter into the first.
Jon_C
I'm interested in learning the physic's principle to the following query. It's not homework. Just wanting to learn what I'm presuming is a fundamental in physics.

If two natures exist separated by a barrier and an entity or element from one nature (first) uses a gateway to enter into the other nature (second), then, presumably, an entity or element from the second nature could, likewise, use the same gateway to enter the first nature.

Thanks for any feedback or insights,

Jon_C

Physics news on Phys.org
Although I don't know the precise nature of your scenario, your conclusion is incorrect. There are plenty of examples to the contrary. Turnstiles, check valves, the biological sodium pump, etc..

Danger, thanks for your reply.

I apologize if I was being too vague in my query.

The examples you provided are good, however, I trust that they are examples of manufactured containment or control of the passageway.

The principle I'm seeking is regarding if a passage is established that allows for one nature to pass through a barrier, which had separated two different natures, allowing the first nature to enter into the second, then, presumably, the second nature would be capable to access the same passage to enter into the first.

For example;
A needle pierces through the skin and injects a solution into the body. As the needle is removed from the skin, the puncture continues to exist (the opening or passage) and allows for blood to exit from the body.

Here's a different type of example;
Pilgrims get on a boat and travel across the ocean from one continent to a second continent. After the pilgrims enter into the second continent the natives of the second continent use the boat to travel back across the ocean and enter into the first continent.

And, another;
An astronaut flies a spacecraft onto a distant planet. He enters onto the planet. A microorganism from the planet enters into the spacecraft and returns to the astronaut's home planet.

So, essentially, once a barrier, seperating two natures, is opened, then, regardless of which nature enters first, theorhetically, the second nature has an equal opportunity to access the passage and enter into the first.

EDIT: Let me just preface this by saying that 'barriers' connecting 'natures' is to vague for a meaningful answer as your question ultimately depends on the properties of the 'natures' and the 'barriers'.

EDIT 2: Don't call your idea a 'principal', people will be (slightly) less likely to take you seriously.

The examples you provided are good, however, I trust that they are examples of manufactured containment or control of the passageway.

Allot of stuff both natural and unnatural is one way or favors one way like Danger has said... even in the natural subatomic particles themselves. The process of time itself. We can give counter-examples all day but let's try something else...

Your trying to draw a conclusion that if you went from one 'nature' to another 'nature' then someone from the other 'nature' should be able to cross over to your 'nature' as easily as you went into theirs... I don't see any reason this should be.

Also, your examples are flawed.

A needle pierces through the skin and injects a solution into the body. As the needle is removed from the skin, the puncture continues to exist (the opening or passage) and allows for blood to exit from the body.
The pressure you put on the plunger makes it much easier to leave the needle to go back inside... this is really an example of a one-way portal.

Pilgrims get on a boat and travel across the ocean from one continent to a second continent. After the pilgrims enter into the second continent the natives of the second continent use the boat to travel back across the ocean and enter into the first continent.
Not if the ship was disassembled, or crashed on shore... In which case it would be more of a one way portal.

An astronaut flies a spacecraft onto a distant planet. He enters onto the planet. A microorganism from the planet enters into the spacecraft and returns to the astronaut's home planet.
Not if the ship is out of fuel... then it would be a perfect one way portal.

So, essentially, once a barrier, separating two natures, is opened, then, regardless of which nature enters first, theoretically, the second nature has an equal opportunity to access the passage and enter into the first.
If you drew that conclusion from your examples (or similar) I would reevaluate your claim.

I'm interested in learning the physic's principle to the following query. It's not homework. Just wanting to learn what I'm presuming is a fundamental in physics.
Next time, start with a physics principal and then draw conclusions from that. It's when you start trying to go the other way that you start turning in Ramtha.

Last edited:

Related to Passage Principle: Exploring the Physics

1. What is the Passage Principle?

The Passage Principle is a fundamental concept in physics that states that for any object moving through a passage, the total energy of the object will remain constant. This means that as the object moves through the passage, the sum of its kinetic energy and potential energy will remain the same.

2. How is the Passage Principle used in physics?

The Passage Principle is used in a variety of ways in physics, including analyzing the motion of objects through different mediums, understanding the behavior of waves, and predicting the trajectories of particles in various fields.

3. Can the Passage Principle be applied to all types of motion?

Yes, the Passage Principle can be applied to both linear and rotational motion. It also applies to both classical and quantum mechanics, making it a universal principle in physics.

4. How does the Passage Principle relate to conservation of energy?

The Passage Principle is directly related to the law of conservation of energy, which states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, only transferred or converted from one form to another. The Passage Principle ensures that the total energy of an object remains constant as it moves through a passage, following the principle of energy conservation.

5. Can the Passage Principle be violated?

No, the Passage Principle is a fundamental law of physics and cannot be violated. It has been tested and proven in countless experiments and is a key component of many physical theories and laws.