Pennytech Bicycle rack for a motorcycle

In summary, Pennytech Bicycle rack for a motorcycle is a small, lightweight, and easy to use system that can be used to transport a bike and a passenger.
ricardo kuhn
"Pennytech" Bicycle rack for a motorcycle

i quess this can be the second part of a "Theme" of posting to present my little works of passion...

first I'm sure many of you are going to think and express this is to dangerours,, well i have about 150,000 milles of riding using it without any trouble, well the fact that I'm still here kind of proffs the point, so let's try to keep that part away and focus on the benefits.

small background...
i don't like cars, even if I spend many hours studing them for my industrial design work among other interests, i still don't like to be in them and I manage to never learn how to drive one (my own prerogative) for the last 12 years became a motorcycle rider after being a "Human power" propulsion vehicle my whole life plus i also move to the USA, were roads and nice (well nicer) and the distances to long to just ride my bicycle to get there.
for a long time i found my self puzzle, "what do i do today..? ride my bike or my motorcycle..??"
so i convine the two and now I'm a happy camper, well almost i need figure out a way to carry my tandem now (dual person bike) but is really long(longer that the motobike for sure) and heavy

here are some fotos of my current rack sistemthis is how it looks when I'm really load it.
1224987-L.jpg

I can carry a passanger and their bike, in fact i travel from california to utah,colorado, British columbia and mejico more than ones with my girlfriend(s) and her bike.
15893-L-1.jpg

I construct the sistem base on a "Palmtree" concept, a.k.a. Nothing in it is rigid and the bikes arem "Encorage" to move around (rock side to side) that way none of the loads from the bicycle gets transmited into the motorcycle, in fact the ride is quite pleasent and unevenful do to this feature.
28984115-L-1.jpg

but to make it that way, i was force to find materials and shapes that will flex without generating to many stress riser points and focal loads that can generate cracks or failures.
2822910-L-1.jpg

Well,,, bicycle parts pretty much do it al the time, so the question now was were to find some "Donor" parts => no big deal if you work on a bicycle shop so I found some "Useless" parts and "when to town"
2823285-L.jpg

I have no idea who this kid is, but i manage to provide Him with some smiles and a nice experince and that is all it counts in my book.
2860414-L.jpg

much more to come if you gals and guys like to see...

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome, ricardo. I must say, I really like seeing this kind of stuff. This would seem to be the appropriate forum for it, rather than GD where a lot of the engineering types don't visit. You'll probably provide a lot of inspiration to others who like to cobble stuff together, as well as offer a different viewpoint on their project difficulties.

Danger said:
Welcome, ricardo. I must say, I really like seeing this kind of stuff. This would seem to be the appropriate forum for it, rather than GD where a lot of the engineering types don't visit. You'll probably provide a lot of inspiration to others who like to cobble stuff together, as well as offer a different viewpoint on their project difficulties.

thanks Mister Danger...

Like one of my old teachers use to say...
"anybody can make a great meal with the best ingredients, the challenge is to make great food out of nothing special"

someday i show you what i do for a living, is for sure not hack but still show the same amount of passion...

well if you guys want to see more let me know.

1. What is a Pennytech Bicycle rack for a motorcycle?

A Pennytech Bicycle rack for a motorcycle is a specialized rack designed to securely hold a bicycle on a motorcycle. It is typically made of durable materials such as aluminum or steel and attaches to the motorcycle using straps or clamps.

2. How does the Pennytech Bicycle rack attach to the motorcycle?

The Pennytech Bicycle rack can attach to the motorcycle in a few different ways depending on the model. Some racks use straps to secure the rack to the motorcycle's frame or handlebars, while others use clamps to attach to the seat or luggage rack. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper installation and weight limits.

3. What type of bicycles can be transported on the Pennytech Bicycle rack?

The Pennytech Bicycle rack is designed to hold a variety of bicycle types, including road bikes, mountain bikes, and even e-bikes. However, it is important to check the weight and size limits of the rack to ensure it can safely accommodate your specific bicycle.

4. Is the Pennytech Bicycle rack easy to use?

Yes, the Pennytech Bicycle rack is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use. Most racks come with detailed instructions for installation and loading the bicycle. They also typically have adjustable features to fit different motorcycle and bicycle sizes. However, it is important to practice loading and unloading the bicycle before hitting the road to ensure proper usage.

5. Can the Pennytech Bicycle rack be used for long-distance trips?

Yes, the Pennytech Bicycle rack is designed for long-distance trips and can securely hold a bicycle while traveling at high speeds. However, it is important to regularly check the straps or clamps during the trip to ensure they remain tight and secure. It is also recommended to periodically stop and check the bicycle's stability and make any necessary adjustments.