Chat: 10am Central Time - PF Chat Reminder

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, there was a chat scheduled for 10am central time GMT -6, with a link provided under the top navbar. The chat was open for a few hours after normal close, and the purpose of the chatroom was to chat. It was only open for a short time due to it being a resource hog and slowing down the server. There were discussions about missing the chat and going outside to enjoy the nice day, as well as a reminder to not go outside and catch solar photons. The chat was open despite the commenter feeling crappy after exposure to fragrance chemicals. The chat was also open even though it was the first nice day in a while and the temperature was around 70 degrees.
Quick reminder we have a chat today at 10am central time GMT -6 (in 35min)

Link will be provided under top navbar.

Physics news on Phys.org
I get really confused at this time of year when some timezones are on daylight saving and others aren't! Still, thanks for the "in 35 mins" part of the reminder-- the chat comes an hour sooner than I thought!

Woo! I have 0 homework, so it looks like I'll be checking in for the full 6 hours =]

Hi!
I saw that link yesterday but now its not there :confused:
What was the purpose of that chatroom ? And why was it open only for a short time ?

damn I forgot all about it this week, dya think there's any point in extending it for a couple of days with four day weekends?

Google_Spider said:
Hi!
What was the purpose of that chatroom ? And why was it open only for a short time ?

The chat room is a bit of a treat, and if it was open all the time would likely take away from the forum element of the web site.

Google_Spider said:
Hi!
On Any Sunday.

What was the purpose of that chatroom ?
To chat.

And why was it open only for a short time ?
It's a resource hog and slows down the server.

Schrodinger's Dog said:
damn I forgot all about it this week, dya think there's any point in extending it for a couple of days with four day weekends?

I forgot today was monday. . . it was open yesterday. . .:cry:

Chat is now open
https://www.physicsforums.com/chat/flashchat.php

Last edited:
No chat today, or has the time just changed?

Darn, I'm actually going to have to go out and enjoy the nice day outside instead of chatting. :rofl:

Actually go OUTSIDE? :eek: Don't do it!

Doc Al said:
Actually go OUTSIDE? :eek: Don't do it!
Yeah - you might catch some solar photons!

At the moment, I have a nice view of clouds.

I've wasted my day with watching F1 racing, then F1 racing on the games console. But I do miss chat. :cry:

Kurdt said:
I've wasted my day with watching F1 racing, then F1 racing on the games console. But I do miss chat. :cry:

Same here. :D

Moonbear said:
No chat today, or has the time just changed?

Darn, I'm actually going to have to go out and enjoy the nice day outside instead of chatting. :rofl:

yes! ---yes!

The first nicer day all day--high about 70 today --full sunshine------time to drink it in after what seemed to be a cloudier winter than normal

why am I still here?---bye --for a while!

Chat is open.

1. What is the purpose of the PF Chat Reminder?

The PF Chat Reminder is a regularly scheduled chat session for scientists to discuss and share their research, ideas, and insights with each other. It serves as a platform for collaboration, networking, and learning within the scientific community.

2. When does the PF Chat Reminder take place?

The PF Chat Reminder takes place every day at 10am Central Time. This time was chosen to accommodate a wide range of time zones and to ensure that researchers from different parts of the world can participate.

3. How do I join the PF Chat Reminder?

To join the PF Chat Reminder, simply log on to the designated chat platform at 10am Central Time. The link to the chat platform will be provided in the reminder email and can also be found on the official PF Chat website.

4. Is there a specific topic for each PF Chat Reminder session?

Yes, each PF Chat Reminder session will have a specific topic or theme. This topic will be announced in advance on the official PF Chat website and in the reminder email. Participants are encouraged to prepare any questions or ideas related to the topic beforehand.

5. Who can participate in the PF Chat Reminder?

The PF Chat Reminder is open to all scientists, researchers, and anyone interested in science and scientific discussions. We welcome diverse perspectives and encourage respectful and constructive dialogue among participants.