PF PHOTO CONTEST - In to the light (aug 15-22)

In summary, the contest rules are very clear and concise. You must resize your photos to a smaller size, crop them if you wish, and do not alter the brightness or contrast of the picture. You are allowed to add a watermark or your name/nickname to the photo for identification purposes. You are allowed to submit one photo per member per contest. Please post only pictures meant for submission in this thread.
Equate said:
Mororvia - awesome shot.

Where is that?

World War II memorial, Washington DC.

Its my favorite place in DC at night, memorial wise anyway. Its usually really quiet even if there is a large crowd.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hmm, damn. I suspect I should have submitted a different photo. Why does this always happen?

- Warren

Mororvia said:
World War II memorial, Washington DC.

Its my favorite place in DC at night, memorial wise anyway. Its usually really quiet even if there is a large crowd.

Seems very tranquil.

I have been to DC, visited the Monument, and walked down the Mall all the way to the White House, but I didn't get a chance to visit the WWII Memorial, didn't know it was just around the corner... :grumpy: Wasted opportunity. Jeez...

Nice picture, you captured the moment. Congrats.

Right, I'm not going to bother trying do out do you all with a pretty sky shot. Here's a shot I took a while back. Early morning, with the sun low over the grass, it picked out the dew beads beautifully when you shoy into the light
intothelight.jpg

I enjoy looking at the photos presented in these contests but I would find it even more interesting if the photographer gave the location.Would it be possible to do that please?.Just a thought.

Stunning Mattyaouw.
Dadface said:
I enjoy looking at the photos presented in these contests but I would find it even more interesting if the photographer gave the location.Would it be possible to do that please?.Just a thought.
http://www.giardinidivillamelzi.it/html/terrace.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Dadface said:

I can't give the location for my picture. All I can say is that it is somewhere between Chicago and Orlando along a Southwest Airlines flight path. :)

Zz.

Dadface said:

Something like 49°54'51"N 22°30'37"E. For sure taken from the road between Pruchnik and Rozbórz Długi (długi means "long").

ZapperZ said:
I can't give the location for my picture. All I can say is that it is somewhere between Chicago and Orlando along a Southwest Airlines flight path. :)

Zz.

Oh, After reading this, I am assuming it was clouds in your picture. I was initially thinking it was sea. :rolleyes:

If ZapperZ doesn't take a shot in Disneyworld, he's taking a shot on the way there. :P

All these are phenominal pictures... Wish I stood a chance in this haha

fuzzyfelt said:
Moonbear's is a fascinating entry...

Thanks. I'm a fan of double entendres (even if I don't know exactly how to spell it or know what the plural really is).

Chroot, that is always a dilemma, submitting one photo, then realizing you have another that fits even better. I like your photo though; the style is very reminiscent of the works of Escher. I can't quite tell if I'm looking at steps up or down, or just a very strange, level path.

This is really going to be a tough competition again. But, that's good. That's the whole point, and makes it fun. So many ways to interpret a theme, and all you can do is try to figure out which photo best resonates with your own interpretation. It's much more fun when there's a bunch of great photos than only a few.

jobyts said:
Oh, After reading this, I am assuming it was clouds in your picture. I was initially thinking it was sea. :rolleyes:

Yes, those are clouds. :)

Zz.

Mine is near Newport Or. about N44 40 W124.

Moonbear said:
Thanks. I'm a fan of double entendres (even if I don't know exactly how to spell it or know what the plural really is).

Did I really say that?!

Moonbear said:
I like your photo though; the style is very reminiscent of the works of Escher. I can't quite tell if I'm looking at steps up or down, or just a very strange, level path.

Thanks Moonie. :biggrin: It's a downhill path, looking at the sun setting over the Pacific Ocean (more specifically, its marine layer). The pic was taken at the northwestern corner of San Francisco, not far from the Golden Gate Bridge.

[quote[This is really going to be a tough competition again. But, that's good. That's the whole point, and makes it fun. So many ways to interpret a theme, and all you can do is try to figure out which photo best resonates with your own interpretation.[/QUOTE]

Yep, but as the photos are posted, the theme seems to get nailed down more specifically. I guess that's a natural, organic process, though, and maybe the photos would have gone a different direction had I not posted early.

- Warren