PhD at IMEC: Get Answers to Your Questions

• Programs
  • Thread starter Phantomizer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Phd
In summary, the speaker is interested in knowing their chances of getting a PhD at IMEC, a research center in Belgium. They also want to know about the financial aid and salary offered at IMEC. They currently work as a software developer but have a master's degree in physics and have always wanted to do a PhD in physics. They are hoping to receive some answers and help from others in the group, including someone who may know a person named Marlon who used to work at IMEC.
Phantomizer
Hi All,

I was wondering if there is someone here from the IMEC, Belgium. I have a master's degree in physics, I graduated in Hungary, Szeged, in Density Functional Theory.
I would like to know my chances at IMEC. And I also would like to know the 'salary' out there. On the web page they say:
Financial aid is arranged through IMEC and is sufficient to cover all living expenses, housing, health insurance and registration as a student. We cover your one-way travel expenses.
Is someone here who knows what does this exactly mean?
I work as a software developer now, for ~3000€/month. The salary is quite allright, but I don't really like my job; I always wanted to do a PhD in physics. So I would like to know if it was worth trying to apply for a PhD at IMEC.

I hope there is someone here, who can give me some answers.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

G.

Physics news on Phys.org
Does marlon still post?

I think he worked at IMEC.

Thanks J77, I will check him.

Related to PhD at IMEC: Get Answers to Your Questions

1. What is IMEC and what does it stand for?

IMEC is an independent research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. It stands for Interuniversity Microelectronics Center.

2. What are the benefits of pursuing a PhD at IMEC?

Some benefits of pursuing a PhD at IMEC include access to state-of-the-art facilities and equipment, collaboration with industry partners, and the opportunity to work with world-renowned researchers in a diverse and international environment.

3. How long does it take to complete a PhD at IMEC?

The average duration of a PhD at IMEC is four years. However, this can vary depending on the specific research project and individual progress.

4. Are there any funding opportunities for PhD students at IMEC?

Yes, IMEC offers various funding opportunities for PhD students, including scholarships, grants, and fellowships. These can be applied for during the application process or during the course of the PhD program.

5. Can international students apply for a PhD at IMEC?

Yes, international students are welcome to apply for a PhD at IMEC. The application process is the same for both domestic and international students, and there are no additional requirements for international applicants.