Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PhD in Semiconductor Devices/VLSI/Device Physics

  1. Jun 2, 2013 #1

    I am planning to join M.S in MIS/IS next year.

    For e.g:-i)http://mays.tamu.edu/info/prospective/undergraduate/mis/
    ii)http://business.uc.edu/programs/graduate/ms-is/academics.html [Broken]

    Is it possible to pursue a phd in Semiconductor Devices/VLSI/Device Physics after this? Or, an MS in computer science/engineering/ece/physics is preferred/required for it?:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 2, 2013 #2
    What is your undergrad? If you undergrad is physics, EE, or similar then you have a good basis for doing a PHD in semiconductor/VLSI/device physics. Getting a Masters in some other subject will not change that.
  4. Jun 3, 2013 #3

    Thanks for the reply!

    My undergrad is in Electrical Engineering (focused on power systems).

    So, I can go for a phd in PhD in Semiconductor Devices/VLSI/Device Physics after masters right?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook