Photographic memory and perfect gpa, but i have low intelligence.?

In summary, the individual is a college student with a 4.0 GPA but is struggling in chemistry and trigonometry. They have an excellent memory but lack intelligence and common sense. They are considering dropping out of school and changing majors to become a kindergarten teacher. Their father wants them to become a doctor, but they do not feel capable. They did better in chemistry as a 9th grader and are feeling overwhelmed and embarrassed in their current classes. The person giving advice suggests staying positive and finding a direction that they are passionate about. They also recommend preparing for lab sessions and not comparing oneself to others who may also be struggling.
symbolipoint said:
sportsstar469,
Other important guidance thrill3rnit3 gave you. You must arrange the ratios properly so that you can cancel units.
At least you recognize that your result was wrong, and you seemed to identify the correct ratios to use. Continue those exercises, since you may find the correct arrangments and correct results.

Look at what you start with; decide what kind of result you want.
For the one mile to how many inches, you know you are starting with ONE MILE, and you want a result of INCHES.

Forget about the significant figures for just now. Focus on the use of ratios to make the units conversions.
LMAO i think i got confused because you said inches first. in reality i should be STARTING with miles. miles is my known and I am LOOKING for inches. wow i really do not have any common sense its pretty scary. but i do understand now. 63360 inches.

yeah i did realize my answer made no snse. because obviously there had to be 5280 times 12 inches in one mile. (there's 5280 feet in one mile and 12 inches in a foot) i knew that before doing the problem but i wanted to make sure icould do it properly..which i guess i couldn't!
a lot of the problems on the quiz will be ahrder though. like density problems, and like problems where you are going from like meter/second to miles per hour

Physics news on Phys.org
a lot of the problems on the quiz will be ahrder though. like density problems, and like problems where you are going from like meter/second to miles per hour
You will be using the SAME mathematical concept.

symbolipoint said:
You will be using the SAME mathematical concept.

im sure that is true but it is still way more difficult for me. my chem teacher said the same thing as you though. he said dave its the same thing you just WANT to do something different and make up rules. but its the same thing. btw i lost my chem folder so i don't have my polyatomic ions sheet...great...
sulfate i so4 with a neg 2 charge right?