1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PHP and osCommerce

1. Aug 6, 2004 #1
    Greetings folks.

I started working on a website just the other day, it uses PHP and osCommerce. Anyone know these things well? I'm new to both, and need a few pointers to fix some problems.
    • On the product description pages is a blue bar across the top bearing the strings "Product Name", "Price+", and "Buy Now". Do you know where, in the hundreds of files making up the osCommerce system, I can find this to change it?
    • I wish to remove the osCommerce logo from printed invoices. Know where I might find this?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

As nice as oscommerce is in terms of features, your going to have one heck of a time trying to customize it, and I mean it. I was working with a client that wanted to use oscommerce as a base to speed up development, but I ended up writing everything from scratch because it was easier and more flexible.

4. Aug 6, 2004 #3
    It's the joy of open source software. "Every feature you'll never need", and with absolutely no rational organisation of resources.

5. Aug 6, 2004 #4

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

What! You RTFM and you still don't understand how to work the program. What a Noob. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. Aug 6, 2004 #5
    Notepad has a manual???

Anyway, I found and fixed the first problem.

7. Aug 6, 2004 #6

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I would locate the file that holds the osCommerce logo. Then I would do a text search for the filename.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?