Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

PHP and osCommerce

1. Aug 6, 2004 #1
    Greetings folks.

I started working on a website just the other day, it uses PHP and osCommerce. Anyone know these things well? I'm new to both, and need a few pointers to fix some problems.
    • On the product description pages is a blue bar across the top bearing the strings "Product Name", "Price+", and "Buy Now". Do you know where, in the hundreds of files making up the osCommerce system, I can find this to change it?
    • I wish to remove the osCommerce logo from printed invoices. Know where I might find this?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2004 #2

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

As nice as oscommerce is in terms of features, your going to have one heck of a time trying to customize it, and I mean it. I was working with a client that wanted to use oscommerce as a base to speed up development, but I ended up writing everything from scratch because it was easier and more flexible.

4. Aug 6, 2004 #3
    It's the joy of open source software. "Every feature you'll never need", and with absolutely no rational organisation of resources.

5. Aug 6, 2004 #4

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

What! You RTFM and you still don't understand how to work the program. What a Noob. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

6. Aug 6, 2004 #5
    Notepad has a manual???

Anyway, I found and fixed the first problem.

7. Aug 6, 2004 #6

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

I would locate the file that holds the osCommerce logo. Then I would do a text search for the filename.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?