How Can I Customize Product Pages and Remove Logos in osCommerce?

• Thread starter Adam
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Php
In summary, the conversation is about someone who is new to using PHP and osCommerce for a website and is seeking help with finding and changing certain elements on the website. They mention a blue bar on product description pages and removing the osCommerce logo from printed invoices. Another person mentions the difficulty of customizing osCommerce and the lack of organization in open source software. Finally, someone jokes about the idea of a manual for Notepad and the original person mentions finding and fixing their first problem.
Adam
Greetings folks.

I started working on a website just the other day, it uses PHP and osCommerce. Anyone know these things well? I'm new to both, and need a few pointers to fix some problems.
  • On the product description pages is a blue bar across the top bearing the strings "Product Name", "Price+", and "Buy Now". Do you know where, in the hundreds of files making up the osCommerce system, I can find this to change it?
  • I wish to remove the osCommerce logo from printed invoices. Know where I might find this?

Computer science news on Phys.org
As nice as oscommerce is in terms of features, your going to have one heck of a time trying to customize it, and I mean it. I was working with a client that wanted to use oscommerce as a base to speed up development, but I ended up writing everything from scratch because it was easier and more flexible.

It's the joy of open source software. "Every feature you'll never need", and with absolutely no rational organisation of resources.

What! You RTFM and you still don't understand how to work the program. What a Noob. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Notepad has a manual?

Anyway, I found and fixed the first problem.

I would locate the file that holds the osCommerce logo. Then I would do a text search for the filename.

1. What is PHP and how is it related to osCommerce?

PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is a scripting language commonly used in web development. osCommerce is an open-source e-commerce platform that is built using PHP. It allows users to build and manage online stores.

2. How can I fix problems with my osCommerce store?

The first step in fixing problems with your osCommerce store is to identify the root cause of the issue. This may involve checking error logs, troubleshooting code, or seeking help from the osCommerce community. Once the problem is identified, you can make necessary changes to fix it.

3. What are some common problems that can occur with osCommerce?

Some common problems with osCommerce include errors in code, issues with database connectivity, and conflicts with other software or plugins. Issues with payment gateways, shipping methods, and security can also occur.

4. How can I prevent future problems with my osCommerce store?

To prevent future problems with your osCommerce store, it is important to regularly update the software and any installed plugins or add-ons. You should also regularly backup your store's database and files, and make sure your server meets the minimum requirements for running osCommerce.

5. Where can I find help for fixing problems with osCommerce?

There are several resources available for getting help with osCommerce issues. The official osCommerce support forum is a great place to start, as it is monitored by experienced users and developers. You can also seek help from professional developers or consult the extensive documentation and user guides provided by osCommerce.