Physics Chat: Availability & Hours

• Thread starter Steph191290
  • Start date
In summary, the physics chat is only open on Sundays. This is because it takes people away from the forums and decreases advertising income. However, it is not solely focused on physics and is more of a social event.
Steph191290
Is the physics chat just open certain days or what?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes, just on Sundays.

ahh ok thanx, can i ask why?

It takes people out of the forums.

fair enough gd stuff will speech on sunday then =]

Note: it is not about physics, it is rather a social event.

yeah its nice to just join in with random comments every now and then it was gd crack last night x

I think our site admin has also said, during chat time we lose advertising income because the "Chat Open" message replaces the ads that usually get shown at the top of the page. That ad income helps pay for expenses.

1. What are the hours of operation for Physics Chat?

The hours of operation for Physics Chat are 8am to 8pm EST, Monday through Friday.

2. Is Physics Chat available on weekends?

No, Physics Chat is only available Monday through Friday during regular business hours.

3. How can I access Physics Chat?

Physics Chat can be accessed through our website, where you can submit your questions and receive live chat support from our team of physics experts.

4. Is there a fee for using Physics Chat?

No, Physics Chat is a free service provided by our company to help students and researchers with their physics questions.

5. How long does it typically take to receive a response on Physics Chat?

Our team strives to provide prompt responses on Physics Chat, but the wait time may vary depending on the volume of inquiries. On average, you can expect to receive a response within 15 minutes.