1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Experiment for high school physics relating to University physics research

1. Apr 25, 2012 #1
    Hi
    I need to do a presentation at university; relating to high level physics research presented to final year high school students and it needs to include an experiment or demonstration

Any ideas ?
    Experiments ?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 25, 2012 #2
    Re: Physics Experiment for high school physics relating to University physics researc

I think a cool talk would be to talk about how most people just assume that lenses image systems and that's the only imaging technique there is. You could do some research on coded apertures, which can also produce images (though there's a reason why we use lenses for most imaging systems as opposed to coded apertures). Or you could talk about how lasers and holography can give 3D information (that is to say tomographic info) of cells/tissue/etc. Kids like lasers and pictures (I think adults do as well). :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook