Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics Forum History?

1. Apr 14, 2014 #1

TSC

I was thinking : Since this forum also includes discussion on biology and computing, why should it be called "Physics Forum"? Shouldn't it be renamed to "Science Forum"?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 14, 2014 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Because primarily, it is a Physics Forum.

4. Apr 14, 2014 #3

TSC

Yes, but not logically. Its scope is pretty large and ambitious I should say.

5. Apr 14, 2014 #4

wukunlin

Gold Member

It's like how pizzahut also sells pasta and wings as well as pizza.

6. Apr 14, 2014 #5
  7. Apr 14, 2014 #6

TSC

True. But it has the potential to be a forum as big as wikipedia, the way I see it. Once the bio, chem, comp sci, and social sc community jump on board.

8. Apr 14, 2014 #7

Evo

Those forums are no where near as busy as the physics forums. Nothing is holding them back, they're just not that busy.

What do you mean "jump on board"?

9. Apr 14, 2014 #8

TSC

By jump on board, I means that all the customers who want to eat chicken wings come to your pizza hut for a one stop shopping rather than go to KFC.

10. Apr 14, 2014 #9

Evo

They already do.

11. Apr 15, 2014 #10

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

TSC, you've been here for two days. Maybe it's a little soon for you to be telling us we're doing it all wrong?

12. Apr 15, 2014 #11
    TSC, our heart is in physics, but physics crosses into other disciplines and even physicists enjoy other sciences. We've built a brand and you must stick with that brand :)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook