1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Physics to engineering grad school

1. Dec 17, 2009 #1
    been lurking on these forums a while and have seen a few threads about people going from physics to engineering grad school but i have a few more specific questions if anyone wants to help out

anyways, i'm in a university program that allows me to get my commercial pilots license as well as my bachelor of science with an emphasis in physics. i had the opportunity to do an engineering degree as well, but decided I would stick with this program because I wanted to fly and physics was "close enough" to engineering.

I'm interested in going to grad school and doing a masters in something like aerospace engineering or engineering physics. I know that its possible to go from physics to engineering, but I'm wondering what areas of physics I should concentrate in. Its hard because the aerospace field has a lot of different sectors, and I'm not sure how much courses like quantum mechanics apply. Any advice from anyone in a similar situation or who is maybe studying in those areas would be a great help.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted