Planar Kinematics of a Rigid Body (Relative Motion Analysis using Rotating Axes)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 8K views
parabolic
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Let me start by saying thank you to any responses I receive. I understand the methods for solving this problem but I have concluded that either part or all of my solution is incorrect.

After solving for the angular velocity, I differentiated my answer in order to check the angular acceleration. I then calculated the values of my solution and the derived solution from the velocity for some sample values of theta... They don't match. So either both my ang velocity AND my ang acceleration are incorrect.. Or only my acceleration is incorrect.

The problem statement says to use computational software, but I must first derive the equations..

*EDIT* I have converted all inches into feet

Thanks again

Homework Statement


problem.jpg

axis.jpg


Homework Equations


Due to limitations in posting methods, I have attached a pdf with my relevant equations and an attempt at a solution.

The Attempt at a Solution


Due to limitations in posting methods, I have attached a pdf with my relevant equations and an attempt at a solution.
 
Attachments
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org