Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Plane crash during air show in Płock, Poland

1. Jun 18, 2011 #1

Borek

Staff: Mentor

http://wiadomosci.onet.pl/kraj/tragiczny-wypadek-na-pikniku-lotniczym-wideo,1,4473102,wiadomosc.html

(it starts with ads, commentary doesn't make much sense, as journalist knows nothing about aerobatics and planes)

So far no information about pilot, Marek Szufa (one of the best aerobatics pilots in Poland, with international succeses), he was taken to hospital after long resuscitation on the Wisła bank.

Edit: there is an official confirmation from the hospital he is still alive. Problem is, it took 20 minutes to get the body from the water.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2011
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 18, 2011 #2

I like Serena

Homework Helper

Impressive!

Looks like the pilot knew exactly what was going on, and made a spectacular effort to get out of a very difficult situation.
    In my interpretation he went up, took his bearings, found the best spot to go to (water, no bystanders) and made a near perfect landing in as short a time possible, showing his superior skills in handling the plane.

I do hope he got out of it himself!
    Please let us know if you find out!

4. Jun 18, 2011 #3

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm sorry to hear just now that Marek Szufa has died. RIP

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook