Calculate with Quarks - Learn How!

• Thread starter marlon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Quarks
In summary, the conversation is about learning how to calculate with quarks and discussing a website that provides information on the topic. Marlon is the expert on quark calculations and provides the link to the website. There is some confusion over who Klaas de Wit is, but Marlon is able to clarify. The conversation also touches on the intuitiveness of the formalism and the usefulness of the graphs. There is also frustration over the website not working at one point, but it is eventually resolved.
marlon
Anyone wants to learn how to calculate with quarks ?

Please consult following site ...

http://home.hetnet.nl/~inthepicture/quarks/

regards
marlon

Physics news on Phys.org
Excuse my ignorance, but who is Klaas de Wit, net search does not give answer in English, please help.

Are you really using those Marlon ?

It seems useful and I'd like to be able to draw those strange graphs in everyday calculations, taht would impress the mainstream physicists. But I am afraid the formalism is not very intuitive and it is going to be difficult to learn.

humanino said:
Are you really using those Marlon ?

It seems useful and I'd like to be able to draw those strange graphs in everyday calculations, taht would impress the mainstream physicists. But I am afraid the formalism is not very intuitive and it is going to be difficult to learn.

Why would it be difficult ?

I mean, playing with quarks is real easy. The only thing you need to know are the different quark-properties and the valid conservation laws like colour neutrality or conservation of baryonnumber and so on...

These graphs or just a way of representation, a bit like the QED-Feynmanndiagrams.

regards
marlon

where is the webmaster

your link seems not to be working for several hours ! This is frustrating :mad:

humanino said:
your link seems not to be working for several hours ! This is frustrating :mad:

strange, the site seems to work out here...

regards
marlon

The site also works with me
maybe it was just down for a little while

1. How do quarks factor into calculations?

Quarks are fundamental particles that make up protons and neutrons in an atom. They have a property called spin, which affects how they interact with each other and other subatomic particles. This spin can be used in calculations involving quarks.

2. What is the purpose of learning how to calculate with quarks?

Learning how to calculate with quarks can help us understand the behavior and interactions of subatomic particles. This is important in fields such as particle physics and nuclear physics, where quarks play a crucial role in the structure of matter.

3. Are there any real-world applications for calculating with quarks?

Yes, there are many real-world applications for calculating with quarks. For example, understanding the behavior of quarks can help in the development of technologies such as nuclear power and medical imaging devices.

4. How difficult is it to learn how to calculate with quarks?

Learning how to calculate with quarks can be challenging, as it involves complex mathematical equations and understanding of quantum mechanics. However, with proper guidance and practice, it is possible to grasp the concepts and perform calculations with quarks.

5. Can quarks be manipulated or controlled for calculations?

Quarks cannot be manipulated or controlled individually, as they are always bound together in particles. However, their interactions and properties can be studied and used in calculations to understand the behavior of matter at a subatomic level.