Portrait Of Math Is Hard by zoobyshoe

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Hard
In summary: Holy Crap!WOWIn summary, Zooby's art is beautiful. MS Paint, 5 hours. Wow! You are an incredible artist Mr. Zooby! Very nice work Zooby! Happy birthday!
zoobyshoe said:
Jessica650.jpg
Beautiful portrait of a woman with mysterious :smile: smile.

I see :bugeye: future: :
It's year 2508.Advanced civilization finds the picture still stored on a laptop memory ,in an abonded basement ,on planet Earth.Nobody knows the identity of the portraited woman for sure, but the masterpiece's final destination is a well known museum, next to the Leonardo's another woman with a mysterious smile...

Physics news on Phys.org
shramana said:
The potrait is awsome. You are a very talented artist. The lines are so controlled, the proportions exact, the light so perfect... It's too good for words. I'm going to put it on my desktop to serve as a reference standard everytime I draw.
What an exceptionally nice compliment! Thanks so much, shramana.

BobG said:
That's an awesome picture. I'm ready to launch a 1000 ships ...
tehno said:
Beautiful portrait of a woman with mysterious :smile: smile.

I see :bugeye: future: :
It's year 2508.Advanced civilization finds the picture still stored on a laptop memory ,in an abonded basement ,on planet Earth.Nobody knows the identity of the portraited woman for sure, but the masterpiece's final destination is a well known museum, next to the Leonardo's another woman with a mysterious smile...
Helen and the Mona Lisa? It's true: I only draw the most intriguingly pretty women.

In your original art thread you inspired me to dabble in drawing again, and with this latest piece you have blown me away yet again. I only hope my latest picture can be somewhere near the standard of this or even a fraction of a percent and I'd be happy :biggrin:.

Last edited:
tehno said:
They'll figure a queen or someone royal.

Zooby said:
Helen and the Mona Lisa?
Better. o:) I was thinking - Regal, Elegant.

Kurdt said:
In your original art thread you inspired me to dabble in drawing again, and with this latest piece you have blown me away yet again. I only hope my latest picture can be somewhere near the standard of this or even a fraction of a percent and I'd be happy :biggrin:.
I have conceded any level of art to the Zoobs, except that I did some OK watercolors during college over 35 years ago. I'd have to turn myself inside out to approach his talent with the pencil, and I don't have that many years left. On the up-side, I can lay out a blues guitar lead with an alacrity and style that will not leave me hiding my head in shame, and I can create and can salsas that put the commercial stuff to shame. My wife and I are pretty happy. :biggrin:

Last edited:
BobG said:
That's an awesome picture. I'm ready to launch a 1000 ships ...
I'll see your 1000 ships, and I'll raise you 10,000 ships and a large wooden horse! :biggrin:

turbo-1 said:
I have conceded any level of art to the Zoobs, except that I did some OK watercolors during college over 35 years ago. I'd have to turn myself inside out to approach his talent with the pencil, and I don't have that many years left. On the up-side, I can lay out a blues guitar lead with an alacrity and style that will not leave me hiding my head in shame, and I can create and can salsas that put the commercial stuff to shame. My wife and I are pretty happy. :biggrin:

Well one can always aspire to these things no matter what age. Luckily I won't destroy myself with envy :smile:. I am happy with what I can do as a hobby.

Kurdt said:

If you're shooting for something just short of me, then I very much hope you make it. Just don't get better than me or I will smite you. :)

Thanks very much, Kurdt.

Dr Transport said:
Brains and Beauty...How can you go wrong...

It's not such a stretch to extrapolate that I have brains from the drawing, but I'm damned if I know how you figured out I was beautiful.

zoobyshoe said:
If you're shooting for something just short of me, then I very much hope you make it. Just don't get better than me or I will smite you. :)

Thanks very much, Kurdt.

I think you'll be quite safe Zoobyshoe! :rofl:

Allow me to lower the bar once more Zooby.

I drew these pictures when I was 13. Every lad has to draw pictures from comic books growing up or they had a bad childhood.

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4461/pict0056da6.jpg

My friend and I growing up would draw pictures from comic books endlessly and tear them up if they were not just like the comic. We didnt know about grid systems though. We did everything by feel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some other pictures of hot babes I drew together back in middle school with my friend.

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/2074/pict0053mv6.jpg

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/8383/pict0055xp5.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9716/pict0054td2.jpg

...but my GREATEST MASTERPIECE to date is:

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/720/untitledgc5.png

But your pictures are out of this world zoob.

Last edited by a moderator:
cyrusabdollahi said:
Every lad has to draw pictures from comic books growing up or they had a bad childhood.

Amof, that's totally true.

I just love it Zoob. You really did a great job of capturing the fair skin and hair. Of course your subject is just beautiful!

Cyrus, I noticed your drawing skills in the "build a house" thread. You have talent.

hypatia said:
I just love it Zoob. You really did a great job of capturing the fair skin and hair. Of course your subject is just beautiful!

Thanks, hypatia. Skin tones require the most careful, even work, so I'm glad you approve of this, here.

I left the hair not fully rendered on the advise of other artists so the drawing would be more instantly recognizable as a drawing. If you go beyond a certain level of finish they can be mistaken for photographs when shrunk down and posted on the web. I had a lot of people say they thought the last two portraits I posted here were photographs at first. That sounds like a sort of compliment, but it's not really a good thing: why spend so many hours on something if people just glance at it for a second and move on, thinking it's a photo?

Still, I have fallen prey to this urge to be hyper-meticulous in two other portraits that I haven't posted at PF yet. I'm not sure how to resolve this.

Yeah, Math has the most wonderfully pleasant face, doesn't she?

MIH is gorgeous, I have a few pictures of her and she's a knock out.

Evo said:
MIH is gorgeous, I have a few pictures of her and she's a knock out.

Post them. We won't tell her, we promise. o:) :tongue:

Evo said:
Cyrus, I noticed your drawing skills in the "build a house" thread. You have talent.

No, I had tallent. Its all bye bye now.

cyrusabdollahi said:
No, I had tallent. Its all bye bye now.
No, you may be rusty, but it's not gone.

I am hoping to find time to start drawing again. All of my artwork and supplies were destroyed in a flood a few years ago and I have been too heartbroken since then to draw.

Wow! At first I thought that it was a photograph!

Very good both actually, although Zoob's is by far the better, cyrusabdollahi isn't actually that bad, I certainly can't use paint that well :smile: Can you do me an airbus please cyrusabdollahi?

Zoob do you use your skills for work?

Evo said:
I am hoping to find time to start drawing again. All of my artwork and supplies were destroyed in a flood a few years ago and I have been too heartbroken since then to draw.
That's rough. :frown: But please start drawing again.

zoobyshoe said:
It's not such a stretch to extrapolate that I have brains from the drawing, but I'm damned if I know how you figured out I was beautiful.

Lucky guess? Both you and MIH...

radou said:
Amof, that's totally true.

I agree also!

I remember I once drew a picture for a girl in like Grade 3-6 and she still had it in like senior year in high school. Pretty sweet. :biggrin:

Stunning, Zoobie. Stunning, MIH. You can tell your parents that they do fine work.

Cyrus, I'm no art critic but it seems to be you'd be an artist if you loved the process of drawing so much that you worked endlessly at it. Obviously there can be no talent without intelligence, but a lot of talented people insist that skill development is the biggest part of genius. If you'd rather do other things than spend endless hours drawing, there's no shame in that.

Dr Transport said:
Lucky guess? Both you and MIH...

Yup. There is no zoobyshoe. Zooby is a sock puppet invented by me, Math Is Hard. This is a self portrait.

Fools rule! Hahahahahahahaha!

BillJx said:
Stunning, Zoobie.

Thanks much, Bill.

zoobyshoe said:
Yup. There is no zoobyshoe. Zooby is a sock puppet invented by me, Math Is Hard. This is a self portrait.

Fools rule! Hahahahahahahaha!

which makes you your own puppet that is actually your real self in disguise.

sounds like a twilight zone episode. to the bomb shelter and/or bank safe!

Anttech said:
Zoob do you use your skills for work?

No, this is a serious hobby only at this point.

Ki Man said:
which makes you your own puppet that is actually your real self in disguise.

sounds like a twilight zone episode. to the bomb shelter and/or bank safe!

It's funny you should say that because once, when I was diligently at work on my first painting Portrait of a Zoobie as a Young Sock puppet on the Foot of a Barbie About to Wear a Zoobyshoe I was interrupted when my Math Is Hard mask slipped from my face and hit the mirror in which I was studying my reflection shattering me into a thousand ships which sunk immediately upon being launched. The camera panned over to Rod Serling who said a few introductory words, and the next half hour of my life was sheer hell, except for the commercial breaks.

zoobyshoe said:
It's funny you should say that because once, when I was diligently at work on my first painting Portrait of a Zoobie as a Young Sock puppet on the Foot of a Barbie About to Wear a Zoobyshoe I was interrupted when my Math Is Hard mask slipped from my face and hit the mirror in which I was studying my reflection shattering me into a thousand ships which sunk immediately upon being launched. The camera panned over to Rod Serling who said a few introductory words, and the next half hour of my life was sheer hell, except for the commercial breaks.

Wow! That explains so much, like why I've never seen you two together! And why you have no photo!

That's sadly romantic, but I find the sinking of the 1000 ships so depressing! Now I have nothing but a 1000 empty life vests.

Zoob, very nice work.

zoobyshoe said:
It's funny you should say that because once, when I was diligently at work on my first painting Portrait of a Zoobie as a Young Sock puppet ...
It's uncanny that you should say that. The first thought that entered my head when I read the thread title was Joyce!

BobG said:
Wow! That explains so much, like why I've never seen you two together! And why you have no photo!
Exactly.

That's sadly romantic, but I find the sinking of the 1000 ships so depressing! Now I have nothing but a 1000 empty life vests.
Well, it seems sad, but the painting was a hit, and launched a 1000 threads titled "My Old Drawings."