Possible to generate Electrostatic energy using battery?

• Thread starter oem7110
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

Battery has positive and negative charges, will it be possible to generate electrostatic energy to my body by touching either sides of battery?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Answers and Replies

I don't believe so, you need to isolate charges to do that. Unless you allow both positive and negative to flow from the battery, they won't move. So you won't get charged.

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
What do you mean by saying "generate electrostatic energy to my body"?

I don't believe so, you need to isolate charges to do that. Unless you allow both positive and negative to flow from the battery, they won't move. So you won't get charged.
If positive charge of battery touches the ground, and my finger touches the negative charge of battery, does it work to make the charges moving? how do I know and measure it?

Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions

Drakkith
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
If positive charge of battery touches the ground, and my finger touches the negative charge of battery, does it work to make the charges moving? how do I know and measure it?

Thanks everyone very much for any suggestions
Well, lets say you have a 9-volt batter, one of the rectangular ones with the two terminals on top. If you stick this to your tongue you will feel the current traveling from one terminal to the other through your tongue. Generally your skin and the ground has much too high of a reistance to have any measureable current from a standard battery.