Posting Score Freeze: Is It True?

• Thread starter Daminc
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Count
In summary, the posting score is no longer functioning and posts in General Discussion do not contribute to a user's postcount. The purpose of postcount is to give an idea of a user's involvement in the forum, although some may see it as a badge of honor. Posts in Politics do count towards postcount, while posts in Philosophy do not. There is some debate about the purpose of postcount, with some considering it a measure of spamminess.
Daminc
It seems as if the posting score is no longer functioning. Is that actually the case?

Physics news on Phys.org
Posts in General Discussion aren't added to your postcount.

Why does the number of posts you have seem to matter to so many people?

FredGarvin said:
Why does the number of posts you have seem to matter to so many people?

I've got more than yoo-hoo! Ner ne ner ne nerr nerr! :tongue2:

Dargh!

I hadn't even realized at first that my post count wasn't going up when I was here until after I read Evo explaining it somewhere. It was just recently that I realized post counts do go up in the Politics forum.

TheStatutoryApe said:
I hadn't even realized at first that my post count wasn't going up when I was here until after I read Evo explaining it somewhere. It was just recently that I realized post counts do go up in the Politics forum.
I do not understand why posts in politics count. :bugeye:

what's the purpouse of post count?

Evo said:
While it's often a bunch of bickering the subject matter is usually more serious than here in GD.

yomamma said:
It gives you a rough idea of how involved a person is in the forum.

yomamma said:
In a previous version of PF, there were little titles under people's member names that also reflected certain "levels" of post counts. I guess people considered it a badge of honor or something.

I'm not sure either why posts in Politics count. I thought as a subforum of GD they wouldn't count. Russ_Watters must have lobbied for that one. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I do not understand why posts in Philosophy aren't subtracted from the total count.

matthyaouw said:
Posts in General Discussion aren't added to your postcount.
Cheers for the answer. That makes sense :biggrin:

brewnog said:
I've got more than yoo-hoo! Ner ne ner ne nerr nerr! :tongue2:
I've got more than you loo-hooo-sor!

Roxxorz

TheStatutoryApe said:
It gives you a rough idea of how involved a person is in the forum.
or how spammy they are. *cough*yourdadonapogostick*cough*

zoobyshoe said:
I do not understand why posts in Philosophy aren't subtracted from the total count.
:rofl: :rofl:

1. Is it true that posting score freeze is a common practice in scientific research?

Yes, posting score freeze is a common practice in scientific research, particularly in fields such as psychology and medicine. This involves freezing the data and results of a study before publishing them, in order to prevent any potential bias or manipulation.

2. Why is posting score freeze important in scientific research?

Posting score freeze is important in scientific research because it helps to ensure the integrity and validity of the results. By freezing the data before analyzing and publishing it, researchers can prevent any potential bias or manipulation that may occur during data analysis.

3. How does posting score freeze work?

Posting score freeze typically involves locking the data and results of a study in a secure location, such as a password-protected database or a physical storage device. This prevents any changes or alterations to the data, ensuring that the results remain accurate and unbiased.

4. Are there any drawbacks to posting score freeze?

One potential drawback of posting score freeze is that it may delay the publication of research results. This is because the data must be frozen and analyzed before the results can be published, which can take time. Additionally, some researchers may argue that posting score freeze limits their ability to make modifications or corrections to the data before publication.

5. Is posting score freeze a standard practice in all fields of scientific research?

While posting score freeze is a common practice in many fields of scientific research, it may not be standard in all fields. Some fields may have different methods for ensuring integrity and validity of results, and may not require a posting score freeze. It is important for researchers to follow the specific guidelines and practices of their field when conducting and publishing research.