Calculate Power & Torque for Electric Machine

In summary, the conversation is about a project involving an electric machine that needs to reach a velocity of 6 m/s with an acceleration of 12 m/s^2 and a load of 130 kilos. The task is to calculate the starting torque, torque to maintain a constant speed, distance and time to stop, and the necessary power and minimum torque to move the machine. The motor has a speed of 3000 rpm and the wheel has a diameter of 20 cm. The person is seeking help with finding solutions for these calculations.
bogdan1601
Hello!

I’m new on this forum and I would like to ask you for help.

I have a project to make about an electric machine, that needs to reach the velocity of 6 m/s, with an acceleration of 12 m/s^2 and a load of 130 kilos.

It is being asked to calculate the starting torque ,the torque to maintain a constant speed of 6 m/s, the distance and time to stop and the engine power, knowing that the motor is 3000 rpm and the wheel has a diameters of 20 cm.

Thanks a lot!

Physics news on Phys.org
OK, so what is it that you need help with?

starting torque ,the torque to maintain a constant speed of 6 m/s, the distance and time to stop and the engine power

Have a go at some solutions yourself, and let us know where you are getting stuck.

I want to know what is the necessary power to move this mashine and the minimum torque to move it.

Related to Calculate Power & Torque for Electric Machine

1. How do you calculate the power output of an electric machine?

To calculate the power output of an electric machine, you need to know the voltage and current of the machine. Simply multiply the voltage by the current to get the power output in watts (P = V x I).

2. What is torque and how is it related to power in an electric machine?

Torque is a measure of the rotational force of an electric machine. It is directly related to power, as torque is multiplied by the angular velocity of the machine to determine power (P = T x ω). In other words, the more torque a machine has, the more power it can produce.

3. How does the type of electric machine affect its power and torque?

The type of electric machine, such as a DC motor or AC induction motor, can affect its power and torque output. Each type has its own design and characteristics, which can result in different power and torque capabilities.

4. Can power and torque be adjusted in an electric machine?

Yes, power and torque can be adjusted in an electric machine by changing the voltage or current input. This can be done through control systems or by using gears or pulleys to adjust the mechanical advantage of the machine.

5. How do you measure the power and torque of an electric machine?

Power and torque can be measured using specialized equipment such as dynamometers or power meters. These devices can measure the input and output of the machine and calculate the power and torque based on the measurements.