Solving Predators Hunting Preys - Tips from Experts

• Thread starter TenNen
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation suggests reading The Eagle Has Landed, Tiger Rising, Panther for UNIX Geeks, and Big, Bad Wolf, as well as researching Lotke-Volterra equations on CiteSeer. However, there may be technical difficulties with accessing the website. The conversation also mentions a phenomenon that occurs in a high level calculus class where a formula converges to 1.
TenNen
What should I read to solve this problem well ?

Please help gurus..

Thanks a lot

Mathematics news on Phys.org
The Eagle Has Landed; Tiger Rising; Panther for UNIX Geeks; and Big, Bad Wolf.

Gokul43201 said:
The Eagle Has Landed; Tiger Rising; Panther for UNIX Geeks; and Big, Bad Wolf.
It wouldn't hurt to read up on Lotke-Volterra equations either..

http://citeseer.nj.nec.com/context/42049/21714
That article has some useful points for your project. Citeseer has lots of good articles and nice tutorials. Get there and search for them

-Mangan

Last edited by a moderator:
link didnt work for me. i think the server is down. i found a mirror, but since i didnt know the title of the article and the /context/42049/21714 didnt match a known article on the mirror i can't make a link that works either.

i get no response when i ping citeseer.nj.nec.com i get a time out.

Sorry, no [www] in the URL.

this is with the whole 100 meter thing... if and when you take a high level calculus class, you will note that this phenom. happens. it is quite cool to see it happen with a formula, and it does converge to 1. just as they were saying 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, ... 1/n, will go to 1. sorry, had to put that in there b/c it is awesome. :smile:

1. How do predators identify their prey?

Predators use a variety of senses, such as sight, smell, and sound, to identify potential prey. They also use their experience and knowledge of their environment to locate and track prey.

2. What strategies do predators use to catch their prey?

Predators use a variety of techniques to catch their prey, including ambush, chase, and group hunting. They may also use camouflage, speed, and stealth to increase their chances of a successful hunt.

3. How do predators avoid being detected by their prey?

Predators use a variety of tactics to avoid detection by their prey, such as blending into their surroundings, stalking from downwind, and remaining still until the right moment to strike. Some predators also use mimicry to appear as harmless creatures to their prey.

4. How do predators select their prey?

Predators select their prey based on a variety of factors, including availability, vulnerability, and energy efficiency. They may also choose prey based on their own physical abilities and hunting strategies.

5. What happens when the predator-prey relationship is disrupted?

When the predator-prey relationship is disrupted, it can have a significant impact on both populations. For example, if there is a decrease in predators, the prey population may increase, leading to overgrazing and depletion of resources. On the other hand, an increase in predators can lead to a decline in prey populations, which can have cascading effects on the entire ecosystem.