Stream Playback Issues: Troubleshooting Tips for Media Player Classic and Codecs

• Thread starter waxranger
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stream
In summary, the conversation discusses difficulties with opening certain streams and suggests using RealPlayer to view them as they are Real Media files.
waxranger
hello folks

can somebody open these streams?
http://web.mit.edu/fluids/www/Shapiro/ncfmf.html"

I use Media Player Classic with real alternative and other k-Lite codecs, never had problems with the player at all but these bastards just won't play?!

any suggestions? (I don't want to use real player thought)

Regards
Fab

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
waxranger said:
hello folks

can somebody open these streams?
http://web.mit.edu/fluids/www/Shapiro/ncfmf.html"

I use Media Player Classic with real alternative and other k-Lite codecs, never had problems with the player at all but these bastards just won't play?!

any suggestions? (I don't want to use real player thought)

Regards
Fab

The most cursory of looks suggests that those are all Real Media files, so presumably you'll need RealPlayer to view them.

Last edited by a moderator:
No problems. You do need Real Player as already stated here and on that page:

MIT's iFluids program has made a number of the films from this series available on the web. (Realplayer is required. Download/Purchase information.)

What is a "problem with stream"?

A "problem with stream" refers to an issue or malfunction that occurs during the transmission of data or information through a stream. This can be related to a variety of factors such as network connectivity, compatibility issues, or technical errors.

What are the common causes of problems with streams?

The most common causes of problems with streams include internet connectivity issues, server errors, software or hardware compatibility issues, and network congestion. These issues can disrupt the smooth flow of data and lead to errors or interruptions in the stream.

How can I troubleshoot a problem with a stream?

To troubleshoot a problem with a stream, you can try the following steps:
1. Check your internet connection and ensure that it is stable.
2. Refresh the stream or try accessing it from a different device.
3. Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
4. Update your software or streaming service.
5. Contact your internet service provider or the streaming service for further assistance.

Can a problem with a stream be fixed?

In most cases, a problem with a stream can be fixed. However, the solution may vary depending on the cause of the issue. For example, if the problem is due to network congestion, it may resolve itself over time. If it is a software or hardware compatibility issue, updating the software or device may fix the problem. If you are unable to fix the issue on your own, it is best to contact the streaming service for assistance.

How can I prevent problems with streams in the future?

To prevent problems with streams in the future, you can try the following:
1. Ensure that your internet connection is stable and has enough bandwidth for streaming.
2. Keep your software and devices updated.
3. Use a reliable and compatible streaming service.
4. Avoid using multiple devices on the same network while streaming.
5. Monitor and troubleshoot any issues that may arise promptly.

Back