Problem with TI89 Graphing Calculator - Solutions?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter tandoorichicken
  • Start date
In summary, a person was experiencing blue bands and fading on their graphing calculator's screen. The issue was caused by a bad seal on the LCD display and the only solution is to replace the display. The person may be able to get it fixed for free under warranty if they still have the paperwork.
tandoorichicken
Hello.

My graphing calculator's screen is degenerating. Up near the top I get blue bands which eventually fade to nothingness, and its spreading downward. Right now the top fifth of my screen is missing. I've only had this calculator for about three years now. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there are any temporary solutions until I get a chance to call TI support.

Computer science news on Phys.org
The seal on the lcd display went bad.
You would have to replace the display to fix it.

So... I'm probably better off just getting a new one right?

if you stil have the paperwork that came with it you should be able to find some warranty information. it should still be under warranty so if you can just make that one work until the end of the school year or whatever you can just send it in and they should replace it or fix it for free. i wouldn't spend money buying a new one just yet.

FAQ: Problem with TI89 Graphing Calculator - Solutions?

What is the problem with the TI89 graphing calculator?

The TI89 graphing calculator has a known issue with its display screen. The screen may become unresponsive or display distorted images, making it difficult to use.

Why does the display screen on my TI89 calculator have problems?

The issue with the display screen on the TI89 calculator is likely due to a faulty or damaged LCD screen. This can be caused by normal wear and tear, dropping the calculator, or exposure to extreme temperatures.

Can I fix the display screen on my TI89 calculator?

It is possible to fix the display screen on a TI89 calculator by replacing the LCD screen. However, this should only be done by a professional or someone with experience in repairing electronic devices.

Is there a way to prevent the display screen problem on a TI89 calculator?

Unfortunately, there is no guaranteed way to prevent the display screen problem on a TI89 calculator. However, taking proper care of the calculator and avoiding dropping or exposing it to extreme temperatures can help prolong its lifespan.

Is there a warranty for the TI89 calculator's display screen issue?

The warranty for the TI89 calculator's display screen issue may vary depending on where the calculator was purchased and how long ago it was purchased. It is best to check with the manufacturer or retailer for more information.