Problem with two trigonometric integrals

In summary, trigonometric integrals are mathematical expressions involving trigonometric functions used to solve problems with curves and angles. When there are two trigonometric integrals, they can be challenging to solve due to complex identities and multiple steps. To solve them, simplify the expressions using identities and then use techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or trigonometric substitution. Some common techniques include substitution, integration by parts, and trigonometric substitution. It is important to choose the appropriate technique for the integral's form. Tips for solving problems with two trigonometric integrals include simplifying expressions with identities, choosing the right technique, and regular practice to improve problem-solving skills.
Belgium 12
Hi

I have a little problem with the integrals of the following functions.

integral from 0to 2pi ∫sin^2(nθ+ψ)dθ=∫cos^2(nθ+ψ)dθ=pi

ψ=the phase angle.They occur in the theory of vibrations.

Is it appropriate to set ψ=0

Thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
In general probably not. But your bounds are 0-2pi so I would say that phase doesn't matter

And when I say that it doesn't matter, I mean that it won't affect the value of that integral. I think that 2*pi will be divisible by the period of both of those functions regardless of n.

1. What are trigonometric integrals?

Trigonometric integrals are mathematical expressions that involve trigonometric functions (such as sine, cosine, and tangent) and their derivatives. They are used to solve problems involving curves and angles.

2. What is the problem with two trigonometric integrals?

The problem with two trigonometric integrals is that they can be difficult to solve because they often involve complex trigonometric identities and multiple steps.

3. How do you solve a problem with two trigonometric integrals?

To solve a problem with two trigonometric integrals, you must first simplify the expressions by using trigonometric identities. Then, you can use techniques such as substitution, integration by parts, or trigonometric substitution to evaluate the integral.

4. What are some common techniques for solving problems with two trigonometric integrals?

Some common techniques for solving problems with two trigonometric integrals include substitution, integration by parts, and trigonometric substitution. It is important to choose the appropriate technique based on the form of the integral.

5. Are there any tips for solving problems with two trigonometric integrals?

Yes, some tips for solving problems with two trigonometric integrals include using trigonometric identities to simplify the expressions, carefully choosing the appropriate technique, and practicing regularly to improve your problem-solving skills.