Problems in excitation and boundary while doing ANSYS transient

In summary, the conversation discusses the design of a current transformer in Ansys and the challenges faced with excitation. The individual is using a 3D toroidal (split) core and is attempting to obtain B-H curves by varying permeabilities and frequencies. However, there seems to be an issue with the excitation, which can potentially be resolved by adding a current source or voltage source, or by using a homogenous excitation with a Boundary Condition. More information on adding these elements can be found in the Ansys Help documentation.
mallikarjuna
hi, I m designing a current transformer in ansys. initially i designed a 3D toroidal (split) core. i wanted to get the B-H curves by varying different permabilities of core with different frequencies.the current injection is through the conductor which is in centre of core. but i am facing a problem with excitation.i made a circuit in maxwell circuit editor to excite the conductor. the import from circuit editor is successful but it is showing

Maxwell3DDesign1 (Transient)
[error] No excitation or value boundary or permanent magnet or magnetization link has been defined (11:21:51 AM Mar 27, 2016)

please help me...thanq

Engineering news on Phys.org
..It looks like you are missing an excitation or boundary condition in your Maxwell 3D Design. Depending on what type of excitation you are trying to use, you may need to add a current source or voltage source. If you are trying to use a homogenous excitation, you may need to add a Boundary Condition with the appropriate parameters. You can find more information about adding these elements to your design in Ansys Help documentation.

1. What is excitation in ANSYS transient analysis?

Excitation in ANSYS transient analysis refers to the external forces or loads applied to a system or structure. These forces can be time-varying, such as a sudden impact or a changing pressure, and can cause the system to undergo transient behavior.

2. How do excitation and boundary conditions affect transient analysis in ANSYS?

Excitation and boundary conditions play a crucial role in ANSYS transient analysis as they determine the response of the system to external forces. Incorrect or unrealistic excitation and boundary conditions can lead to inaccurate results and may not reflect the real-world behavior of the system.

3. What are some common problems encountered with excitation and boundary conditions in ANSYS transient analysis?

Some common problems encountered with excitation and boundary conditions in ANSYS transient analysis include unrealistic or incorrect loading conditions, incorrect material properties or geometry, and incorrect meshing. These issues can result in incorrect or non-converging solutions.

4. How can these problems be addressed in ANSYS transient analysis?

To address problems with excitation and boundary conditions in ANSYS transient analysis, it is important to carefully define and validate the loading conditions, material properties, and geometry used in the analysis. It is also crucial to properly mesh the model and perform sensitivity analyses to ensure the results are accurate and reliable.

5. Are there any best practices for setting up excitation and boundary conditions in ANSYS transient analysis?

Yes, there are some best practices for setting up excitation and boundary conditions in ANSYS transient analysis. These include using realistic and validated loading conditions, properly defining material properties and geometry, and performing sensitivity analyses to ensure the results are accurate and reliable. It is also important to consult ANSYS documentation and seek assistance from experienced users if needed.