Product Engineering: Imp. Drvr Ideas for Next Semester

• Thread starter Cyrus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Impact
In summary, the conversation discusses a class called Product Engineering and Manufacturing where students will work with Dewalt tools. They will have access to a rapid prototyping machine and will sign a NDA with Dewalt. The students will have to bench test and compare the impact driver to other brands, as well as complete tasks such as cost analysis and statistical analysis. The previous semester, students worked on tasks such as redesigning the case and adding a battery meter indicator. Suggestions for this semester include increasing power and trying different types of batteries. It is suggested to communicate with repair places and engineers at Dewalt for ideas.
Im not going to make a penny off of this design. DeWalt might, I wont. The point of that class isn't to be a master at Pro-E. Do you know how much *time* it would suck up to redesign the entire case of a drill?!

I have three other *real* courses on controls and dynamics to spend than making drill parts. Its all going to depend on how much time I have and what is a realistic task. Redesigning an entire drill in one semester is not realistic, on top of which is a 50-100 page report.

Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
brewnog said:
A pink one for girls?

Already covered by MIH in the marketing dept (see first page). :smile:

Oh yeah, and by the way...waaaaaaaa :cry: :cry: :cry:

cyrusabdollahi said:
Oh yeah, and by the way...waaaaaaaa :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just remember -- Nobody does it half as good as you. Baby, you're the best.:smile: