What Alternative Online Programs Can Solve My Complex Mathematical System?

In summary, the conversation discusses trying to solve a system of equations using Wolfram and suggests trying to use Mathematica instead. It also mentions the success of solving the system analytically and numerically.
evinda
Gold Member
MHB
Hello! (Wave)

I want to solve the following system:

$$y=\frac{3k^2+2ok+q-em}{2m+ek+p}x+\frac{-k^3+qk+2n-pm}{2m+ek+p}$$
$$ y^2+exy+py=x^3+ox^2+qx+n$$

I tried to compute it at Wolfram, but it failed. (Dull)

Is there an other online program that I could use in other to make calculations? (Thinking)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
evinda said:
Hello! (Wave)

I want to solve the following system:

$$y=\frac{3k^2+2ok+q-em}{2m+ek+p}x+\frac{-k^3+qk+2n-pm}{2m+ek+p}$$
$$ y^2+exy+py=x^3+ox^2+qx+n$$

I tried to compute it at Wolfram, but it failed. (Dull)

Is there an other online program that I could use in other to make calculations? (Thinking)

Well of course it failed, it can't read your thoughts. What do you need to solve for? Any constraints on the values of the different variables/constants? (e.g. reals/integers/positive integers). If your unknowns are only $x$ and $y$ then Wolfram/Mathematica should easily pick up the linear relationship between $x$ and $y$, obtain a cubic in $x$ from the second equation which it can then solve for $x$ and substitute back into $y$.

For instance I just tried and assuming $x$ and $y$ are the unknowns Mathematica successfully solved the system of equations analytically and generated an immense symbolic solution. I also tried giving values to the k, o, q, e, m, p, n constants and solved it numerically and it output all the solutions instantly (three of them in that case).

Last edited:

1. What is a "program to solve system"?

A "program to solve system" refers to a computer program or algorithm that is designed to solve a set of equations or mathematical system. This can include systems of linear equations, non-linear equations, or differential equations.

2. How does a program to solve system work?

A program to solve system uses various mathematical methods and techniques to find solutions to a given system of equations. This can include techniques such as Gaussian elimination, substitution, or matrix operations.

3. What are some real-world applications of a program to solve system?

A program to solve system has many real-world applications, such as in engineering, economics, and physics. It can be used to model and solve complex systems and make predictions about real-world phenomena.

4. Is a program to solve system always accurate?

No, a program to solve system is not always accurate. The accuracy of the solutions depends on the accuracy of the initial equations and the chosen method of solving. In some cases, rounding errors or computational limitations can also affect the accuracy of the solutions.

5. How can I improve the efficiency of a program to solve system?

There are several ways to improve the efficiency of a program to solve system. This can include using more advanced algorithms, optimizing the code, or reducing the complexity of the system being solved. Additionally, utilizing parallel processing or optimizing hardware can also improve efficiency.