1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Programs like Wolfram but offline

1. Jul 5, 2016 #1
    Hello and sorry for the bad english.
    I 'm looking for a program like wolfram alpha but offline, currently I use a program called "derive 6". It is good but it stopped updating for quite So I would like to tell me some similar program to wolfram alpha but not need connection to intenet, and that updtate or at least not very old like derive.

thanks =D

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2016 #2
  4. Jul 5, 2016 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Use Sage, it successfully incorporates many other software packages. It's the best thing out there.

5. Jul 5, 2016 #4

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

6. Jul 5, 2016 #5
    Thank to all, I'll take a look at the programs and maybe I had to be a little more specific,
    usually what I need is :
    integration (indefinite or definite)
    derivation
    algebraic simplification
    calculating sums ∑ and products ∏
    limits
    taylor expancion
    gamma function
    riemann zeta function
    (step by step soluction)
    I think that is all.

thank you very much :biggrin:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  7. Jul 5, 2016 #6

pwsnafu

Science Advisor

8. Jul 10, 2016 #7
    You can try Pari-GP.
    It has some if not all the functions you mentioned and can do arbitrary precision arithmetic ( no limit on the number of digits or precision).
    It is a free program.

9. Jul 20, 2016 #8
    Mathematica IS Wolfram Alpha (and free), so that is definitely worth downloading. A different kind of math program but incredibly useful is Geogebra (also free).

10. Jul 20, 2016 #9
    Thanks to all who contributed.
    maple has almost all the things I neeed also it has a converter to LaTex which facilitates post here, mathematica is great but it requires internet connection.
    so when I do not have internet and I can not use wolfram, i use maple.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted