Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Programs like Wolfram but offline

1. Jul 5, 2016 #1
    Hello and sorry for the bad english.
    I 'm looking for a program like wolfram alpha but offline, currently I use a program called "derive 6". It is good but it stopped updating for quite So I would like to tell me some similar program to wolfram alpha but not need connection to intenet, and that updtate or at least not very old like derive.

thanks =D

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 5, 2016 #2
  4. Jul 5, 2016 #3

micromass

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor
    2016 Award

Use Sage, it successfully incorporates many other software packages. It's the best thing out there.

5. Jul 5, 2016 #4

Stephen Tashi

Science Advisor

6. Jul 5, 2016 #5
    Thank to all, I'll take a look at the programs and maybe I had to be a little more specific,
    usually what I need is :
    integration (indefinite or definite)
    derivation
    algebraic simplification
    calculating sums ∑ and products ∏
    limits
    taylor expancion
    gamma function
    riemann zeta function
    (step by step soluction)
    I think that is all.

thank you very much :biggrin:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2016
  7. Jul 5, 2016 #6

pwsnafu

Science Advisor

8. Jul 10, 2016 #7
    You can try Pari-GP.
    It has some if not all the functions you mentioned and can do arbitrary precision arithmetic ( no limit on the number of digits or precision).
    It is a free program.

9. Jul 20, 2016 #8
    Mathematica IS Wolfram Alpha (and free), so that is definitely worth downloading. A different kind of math program but incredibly useful is Geogebra (also free).

10. Jul 20, 2016 #9
    Thanks to all who contributed.
    maple has almost all the things I neeed also it has a converter to LaTex which facilitates post here, mathematica is great but it requires internet connection.
    so when I do not have internet and I can not use wolfram, i use maple.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted