Programs like Wolfram but offline

• B
  • Thread starter MAGNIBORO
  • Start date
Hello and sorry for the bad english.
I 'm looking for a program like wolfram alpha but offline, currently I use a program called "derive 6". It is good but it stopped updating for quite So I would like to tell me some similar program to wolfram alpha but not need connection to intenet, and that updtate or at least not very old like derive.

thanks =D

Answers and Replies

Hello and sorry for the bad english.
I 'm looking for a program like wolfram alpha but offline, currently I use a program called "derive 6". It is good but it stopped updating for quite So I would like to tell me some similar program to wolfram alpha but not need connection to intenet, and that updtate or at least not very old like derive.

thanks =D
Use Sage, it successfully incorporates many other software packages. It's the best thing out there.

Thank to all, I'll take a look at the programs and maybe I had to be a little more specific,
usually what I need is :
integration (indefinite or definite)
derivation
algebraic simplification
calculating sums ∑ and products ∏
limits
taylor expancion
gamma function
riemann zeta function
(step by step soluction)
I think that is all.

thank you very much :biggrin:

Last edited:
You can try Pari-GP.
It has some if not all the functions you mentioned and can do arbitrary precision arithmetic ( no limit on the number of digits or precision).
It is a free program.

Mathematica IS Wolfram Alpha (and free), so that is definitely worth downloading. A different kind of math program but incredibly useful is Geogebra (also free).

Thanks to all who contributed.
maple has almost all the things I neeed also it has a converter to LaTex which facilitates post here, mathematica is great but it requires internet connection.
so when I do not have internet and I can not use wolfram, i use maple.