http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2005-08-16-oregon-meth_x.htm I don't know if I find this more disappointing or frustrating. Here is the basic math as I understand things: Up to 20% of the methamphetamine in Oregon is produced by using drugs containing pseudoephedrine. But Kulongoski says that this could reduce the meth production by 50%. So, to me this stinks of a law passed in order to appear as though something is being done, when in fact it will probably make little difference in the end. But, now I can't run down and buy my allergy meds when I need them. And I do have a terrible time with allergies. My sister in Ca, a mother with three young kids, was outraged at the notion of this. From her point of view as a mother it is a terrible inconvenience. I can recall various times where we had problems with all sorts of common agents - kids sniffing model glue, gasoline, and aerosols including paint and various household cleaning agents. I have heard of people eating rat poison, bath tub LSD, and people sniffing crank cut with battery acid. We can't make every potentially dangerous chemical a controlled substance. And the medical profession doesn't need the additional burden. I understand the intent but I think the pseudo-solution signed into law is all wrong. This is a bandaid that reduces our liberties, albeit just a little, but it is a step in the wrong direction that does nothing to stop the problem.