Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Psst! Wanna buy a town?

1. Apr 5, 2012 #1

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 5, 2012 #2
    Why even call it a town when it's that small? If I ever get to go on a cross country trip, I'd want to stop by there if I could. He seems like a nice guy. And only 3.19 for gas. Can't beat that.
    They shouldn't sell it, they should just give it to the one guy who lives there. Unless he's the one who's selling it.

4. Apr 5, 2012 #3
  5. Apr 5, 2012 #4

Ryan_m_b

I don't have much money but how about I sell you a bridge for it? :tongue2:

6. Apr 5, 2012 #5

jtbell

Sold! The winning bid was $900,000 according to ABC News.

I wonder how much it costs to ship a bridge from New York to Wyoming?

7. Apr 5, 2012 #6

turbo

Gold Member

One guy was considering bidding on the town, though he and his wife would immediately double the population.

8. Apr 5, 2012 #7

Ryan_m_b

Don't worry about the expense, I'll pay it :smile: I recently sent £25 to the widow of a former-African president via western union so that she can use it to unlock the $7,455,000 held in a secure Swiss bank account. She should be wiring me a third of that any day now!

9. Apr 5, 2012 #8

jtbell

For that kind of money, you could buy London Bridge and ship it over here. No wait, someone already did it...

London_Bridge%2C_Lake_Havasu%2C_Arizona%2C_2003.jpg

10. Apr 5, 2012 #9

Ryan_m_b

I know this is kind of off-topic (but if you're not British you might not know) but this, contrary to some people's claims, is not London Bridge

j0cxl5.jpg

It's Tower Bridge. Rant over :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook