What is the optimal material for the interface of a PV/T system?

In summary, the optimal material for the interface of a PV/T system would depend on various factors such as performance, durability, and cost. Some commonly used materials include glass, polymers, and metals, each with their own advantages and disadvantages. While glass offers good optical properties and durability, it can be heavy and expensive. On the other hand, polymers are lightweight and cost-effective but may not be as durable. Metals, such as aluminum, are also commonly used for their high thermal conductivity and strength, but they can be expensive and prone to corrosion. Ultimately, the choice of material will depend on the specific needs and requirements of the PV/T system.
Ali Haider
Hello! I am a materials engineering BSc student currently writing my bachelor thesis. The topic of my thesis is regarding the PV/T system and the best material choice for the interface between the glass/glass PV module and the heat mat. I would appreciate any ideas for material with best thermal conductivity and least electrical conductivity for this hybrid system.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF. We're glad to have you.

Have a look at our engineering forums for the right place for your questions.