How Much Force Does Pam's Rocket Pack Generate?

• Thread starter Iceclover
  • Start date
In summary, Pam acquires a speed of 62.0m/s after strapping on the rocket pack. The force exerted on her is 392N.
Iceclover

Homework Statement

Pam has a mass of 40.0kg and she is at rest on a smooth level frictionless ice. pam straps on a rocket pack. the rocket pack supplies a constant force for 22.0m and pam acquires a speed of 62.0m/s

a)what is the magnitude of the force?
b)what is pams final kinetic energy

Homework Equations

a)F=mg
b)Ek=1/2mv^2

The Attempt at a Solution

a)
m=40.0kg
d=22.0m
v=62.0m/s
F=mg
F=(40.0)(9.8)
F=392N

b)
m=40.0
v=62.0
Ek=?
Ek=1/2mv^2
Ek=1/2(40.0)(62.0^2)
Ek=7.69x10^4J

Physics news on Phys.org
Iceclover said:

Homework Statement

Pam has a mass of 40.0kg and she is at rest on a smooth level frictionless ice. pam straps on a rocket pack. the rocket pack supplies a constant force for 22.0m and pam acquires a speed of 62.0m/s

a)what is the magnitude of the force?
b)what is pams final kinetic energy

Homework Equations

a)F=mg
b)Ek=1/2mv^2

The Attempt at a Solution

a)
m=40.0kg
d=22.0m
v=62.0m/s
F=mg
F=(40.0)(9.8)
F=392N

This is not the force you were asked for: this is the weight of the person. Try using the relevant kinematic equation to calculate the acceleration, then use Newtons 2nd law to work out the force.
b)
m=40.0
v=62.0
Ek=?
Ek=1/2mv^2
Ek=1/2(40.0)(62.0^2)
Ek=7.69x10^4J

This looks fine

how do i figure out the acceleration without the force?

wow i definitely did not do this right, i got 3480

Iceclover said:
how do i figure out the acceleration without the force?

Using the kinematic equations [hint: the relevant one to use here is v2=u2+2as, where here v is the final velocity, u is the initial velocity, a is acceleration and s is the distance.]

Iceclover said:
wow i definitely did not do this right, i got 3480

I get 3495N

i got 3520

ok so if you put it into sig figs you would get 3.5x10^3

Iceclover said:
ok so if you put it into sig figs you would get 3.5x10^3

Yes, if you're using 2sf.

ok so that's right then?

1. What is Pysics 11 problem?

Pysics 11 is not a known concept in physics. It is possible that it is a typo or a specific problem from a textbook or exam. Without further context, it is difficult to provide a specific answer.

2. Can you help me solve a Pysics 11 problem?

I am a scientist, but without knowing the specific problem and having more information, it is not possible for me to provide a solution. It is best to seek help from a physics teacher or tutor who can guide you through the problem step-by-step.

3. How can I improve my understanding of Pysics 11?

To understand Pysics 11, it is important to have a strong foundation in basic physics concepts such as mechanics, energy, and electricity. Practice solving problems and ask for clarification when needed. Utilizing online resources, textbooks, and seeking help from a teacher or tutor can also aid in improving understanding.

4. Is Pysics 11 a difficult subject?

This may vary for each individual. Some may find Pysics 11 challenging, while others may find it easier. It ultimately depends on one's prior knowledge, studying habits, and interest in the subject. With effort and dedication, anyone can improve their understanding of Pysics 11.

5. Are there any tips for studying Pysics 11?

Studying Pysics 11 can be made easier by breaking down concepts into smaller, more manageable parts. Focus on understanding the fundamentals and practice solving problems. Use visual aids, such as diagrams and graphs, to help comprehend complex concepts. Seek help from teachers or peers when needed, and don't be afraid to ask questions.