1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Engineering Quality Engineering or NDT Technician

1. Sep 23, 2016 #1
    I'm in a dilemma right now. I've a mechanical engineering degree, and I wanted to supplement it with something before I join the work force, so I applied to two programs, Quality engineering post grad diploma, and a Non-Destructive testing technician diploma. Which one do you think has better career prospects? Cons and Pros of each.

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 23, 2016 #2

billy_joule

Science Advisor

Generally, technicians work under engineers so a tech. diploma is lower level than the full blown engineering degree you already have so it'll be a step backwards.
    As for whether the quality engineering post grad diploma is worth doing, well, only you can answer that, it depends what your intentions, interests, local job market etc etc are.

4. Sep 23, 2016 #3
    Thanks for your reply
    The NDT program I applied to, is a one year program, for degree holders. I don't mind doing either one. I'm leaning towards the Quality engineering program, and the job prospects of NDT in Canada seem to be a bit better (source:google), but which one in general would have better career advancement, and would better compliment my degree?

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted