Quanta/s vs Einstein/s. what is the difference?

• Thread starter eooxx
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Difference
In summary, the difference between the units of quanta/s and einstein/s lies in their application and theoretical framework. While einstein/s refers to a unit of measurement in the theory of relativity, quanta/s is specific to particles of light. It is possible that both units are used in photochem calculations due to their respective relevance and historical usage. Further clarification can be found in the provided link or by asking more specific questions.
eooxx
could someone please explain to me the difference (if there is one) between quanta/s and einstein/s?
i'm doing some photochem calculations and the sources I've looked at seem to use both these units. some are from the 50's so maybe its a time period thing like optical density (past) and absorbance (more recent)?

Physics news on Phys.org
eooxx said:
could someone please explain to me the difference (if there is one) between quanta/s and einstein/s?
i'm doing some photochem calculations and the sources I've looked at seem to use both these units. some are from the 50's so maybe its a time period thing like optical density (past) and absorbance (more recent)?

Have a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein_(unit)

and see if that answers your questions. If not, then come back and ask more specific questions.

ok, einstein use frame where no particle can reach speed of light (means his theory applied until particle reach light speed) and quanta is about light particles. so, it starts where einstein stop.

1. What is the difference between Quanta and Einstein?

Quanta and Einstein are two terms that are often used in the field of physics. Quanta refers to the smallest possible unit or packet of energy, while Einstein refers to the famous physicist, Albert Einstein, who developed the theory of relativity.

2. How are Quanta and Einstein related?

Quanta and Einstein are related in the sense that Einstein's theory of relativity helped to explain the concept of quanta. In his theory, Einstein showed that energy can exist in discrete packets, or quanta, rather than being continuous.

3. Can Quanta and Einstein coexist?

Yes, Quanta and Einstein can coexist. In fact, Einstein's theory of relativity is still used to explain the behavior of quanta, such as in the famous equation E=mc^2, which shows the relationship between energy, mass, and the speed of light.

4. How do Quanta and Einstein impact our understanding of the world?

Quanta and Einstein have greatly impacted our understanding of the world, particularly in the field of quantum mechanics. Einstein's theories helped to explain the behavior of particles at a subatomic level, while quanta have helped to explain the behavior of energy at that same level.

5. Are there any controversies surrounding Quanta and Einstein?

There are some controversies surrounding Quanta and Einstein, particularly in the field of quantum mechanics. Some scientists have different interpretations and theories about the behavior of quanta, which can sometimes contradict Einstein's theories. However, both Quanta and Einstein are widely accepted and have greatly advanced our understanding of the universe.