Two Different Fock State Inputs into a Beam Splitter

In summary: Thank you.In summary, the author is trying to determine the coefficient in the expression B_(n_1,n_2)^(N_1,N_2). He has been making some progress, but is stuck on one term. If anyone has the time to look through his work and compare it to the paper, that would be great.
BeyondBelief96
Hello everyone, I am an undergraduate doing research in quantum optics, and my topic involves 50:50 beam splitters and studying entanglement for different input states. I came across a paper which I am using as a guide for now, but I wanted to derive a result they had and have been working on it but have been stuck for quite some time. The paper I am referring to is this: https://arxiv.org/pdf/quant-ph/0106136.pdf

The section of which I am referring to in the paper is II: Fock State Input where they express the output as a superposition of two-mode fock states. What I am trying to determine is that coefficient in that expression B_(n_1,n_2)^(N_1,N_2). If you look at this link to my work so far, I have been able to make some decent progress and some of my terms match thiers but I can't seem to get what they have. If anyone has the time to look through my work and compare and maybe try to offer some insight that would be great. Also in using the Baker-Campbell-Hausdorff Formula, from what I've read, you can only decompose e^{A +B} = e^A*e^B*e^([A,B])/2 if [A,B] is a scalar? If that is correct, then I may have decomposed the beam splitter operator wrong. Or my commutation relation is incorrect. Anyways, any help would be great, here is the link to my work thus far:

LINK TO MY WORK:

Physics news on Phys.org
BeyondBelief96 said:
If you look at this link to my work

We can't accept links to work posted elsewhere. We need to be able to quote parts of your work in response. That means you need to use the PF LaTeX feature to post your work, or at least the part of it that you are asking questions about, including equations, here directly.

1. What is a beam splitter?

A beam splitter is an optical device that divides a single beam of light into two or more beams. It is commonly used in scientific experiments and in various optical instruments.

2. What is a Fock state?

A Fock state, also known as a number state, is a quantum state that describes the number of particles in a given quantum state. In the context of a beam splitter, it refers to the number of photons in the input beam.

3. How does a beam splitter work?

A beam splitter works by using a partially reflective surface to split a beam of light into two or more beams. The amount of light reflected and transmitted depends on the angle of incidence and the properties of the surface.

4. What happens when two different Fock states are input into a beam splitter?

When two different Fock states are input into a beam splitter, the photons in each state will be split into two beams, with some being reflected and some being transmitted. The resulting output beams will have a combination of the input Fock states, depending on the properties of the beam splitter.

5. What is the significance of studying two different Fock state inputs into a beam splitter?

Studying two different Fock state inputs into a beam splitter can provide insights into the behavior of quantum particles and their interactions. It can also have practical applications in quantum information processing and communication.