Quantum mechanics: Myths and facts

In summary: It isnot an operator. Heisenberg uncertainty is a mathematical relation between twooperators.On first four pages you perpetuate more myths than you demistify. To be precise you demistify none.
DrChinese said:
Demystifier,

That is a very cool paper! You are really covering a lot of ground.

Would I be wrong to assume that you lean a bit towards the Bohmian side?

-DrC
You would not be wrong. In fact, I am a Bohmian.

Physics news on Phys.org
DeepQ said:
4. You are covering too much important territory at once.

I realize that the length of the paper is necessary to prove your point. But, the shorter the paper, the better (the more people who will read it.)

Solutions: Perhaps break it into multiple papers in a related series? Or, expand it into a book?

PS: there are a few typos remaining.
Well, a number of short papers discussing different aspects of QM already exists. I wanted to do something new. Perhaps one day I will write a book, but at the moment it is too early for that. In addition, the number of downloads is already quite big, much bigger than that of related shorter papers. Thus, it seems that the paper is read a lot, despite its length (or maybe just because of its length, which makes it look more serious).

Can you point where these typos are? :smile:

DeepQ said:
(So, there is the danger of your abstract summary; as soon as I hit your words "these myths include" and then you list almost everything, it seemed it could not be a serious paper. Just a note, not a criticism.)
The paper was aimed to be a sort of supplement to standard textbooks, to cover the points that are usually omitted in them. That is why it includes "almost everything".