Question about electronics kit

In summary, the kit contains brass pins used for easy termination of wires on PCB boards. These pins are soldered into the circuit and allow for external wires to be attached for tasks such as recharging the battery or testing the circuit. They are essentially electrical terminals.
flash
I'm sure there is a very simple answer to this but I can't for the life of me find it. I have a kit with the following component:

http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=HP1250&CATID=&keywords=hp1250&SPECIAL=&form=KEYWORD&ProdCodeOnly=&Keyword1=&Keyword2=&pageNumber=&priceMin=&priceMax=&SUBCATID=

and I don't know what these are/do/where to mount them etc. They are just little brass pins about 1cm long. The details say "Pins - 0.9mm Pins and sockets for easy termination of wire on PCB boards.- Gold flashed".

Physics news on Phys.org
They say what they are for: "easy termination of a wire on a PCB."
That is to say you stick them in the holes drilled in a circuit board and solder them into the circuit. You can then say use alligator clips to attach external wires to the PCB to recharge the battery or to test the circuit or connect an external component such as a LED or speaker.

In short they are electrical terminals (terminals terminate after all).
Regards,
James Baugh

Thanks heaps. I think they put them in the kit so I can solder the connecting wires to the board after I have mounted the board (ie can't get underneath it anymore).

1. What is an electronics kit?

An electronics kit is a collection of electronic components and parts that can be assembled to create a functioning electronic device or circuit. It typically includes items such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, and wires.

2. Who can use an electronics kit?

Anyone with an interest in electronics can use an electronics kit. It is commonly used by students, hobbyists, and professionals to learn about and experiment with electronic circuits and devices.

3. What are the benefits of using an electronics kit?

Using an electronics kit is a great way to learn about electronics and develop practical skills. It allows you to experiment and build various electronic devices, which can improve your understanding of circuitry and problem-solving abilities.

4. Can an electronics kit be used to build complex circuits?

Yes, an electronics kit can be used to build both simple and complex circuits. Most kits come with a wide range of components and instructions for building different types of circuits, from basic to advanced.

5. Are electronics kits suitable for children?

Yes, there are many electronics kits designed specifically for children. These kits often come with simplified instructions and larger components for easier assembly. They can be a fun and educational way for children to learn about electronics and technology.

Back