1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question about math internships

1. Aug 27, 2010 #1
    Question about "math internships"...

Some time in the near future I'm expected to register for a course titled "Math Internship". The course description says "Internships in math related disciplines" -- not exactly helpful..

My question is does this mean student teaching? Tutoring for the school? Internships in industry? Anyone have any experience?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 27, 2010 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Re: Question about "math internships"...

When you asked your university/department what did they tell you?

4. Aug 27, 2010 #3

I've yet to ask anyone at the university yet.. Figured I'd give it a shot here first.

5. Aug 27, 2010 #4

I'd guess it's more of a "real-world" job position than a school one, since an internship usually indicates some sort of training on the workplace that I doubt you could receive while working as a tutor at the school. But as Vanadium said, I think it would be a good idea to ask them as soon as you can.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook