Question about Tutoring resume

In summary, when applying for tutoring positions, it is appropriate to include relevant courses and brief descriptions on your resume, even if you will also be submitting a transcript. It is not necessary to cut out previous tutoring experience to make room for course work. Employers may or may not request transcripts, depending on the position.
NATURE.M
So I'm looking to apply for a few tutoring positions in areas of algebra, calculus and physics (high school level). And I was wondering on my resume whether or not I should include relevant courses I've taken in University with brief descriptions (such as Mechanics, Linear Algebra, etc.), and courses currently enrolled in. Also note, I'm only in first year.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think that would be highly relevant information and therefor appropriate to include on a resume.

I should've been more specific. Should I still include my relevant courses/descriptions on my resume even if I'll be submitting a transcript of my academic record (which includes all my course listings)?
And one other question, I've visited the websites of a few tutoring companies, and noticed some only indicate to attach your resume & cover letter, but doesn't mention your academic transcript.
Normally, will employers ask for your transcript after they looked over your resume?

It's probably not a bad idea to highlight the courses that you've taken even if you are also including transcripts. Depending on the employer, they may not necessarily look all that closely at your transcripts while sorting through the applicants. Also, you can use this as an opportunity to point out any specifics you may feel are relevant - a particularly interesting project, for example.

That said, a resume is all about presenting the most relevant information about yourself in a small space. I wouldn't cut out previous experience as a tutor to include specific course work.

As to whether the employer will request transcripts, some will and some won't. It depends on the position and whether they feel that a certain level of formal education is required. A tutoring group might, for example assess you through an interview or mock tutorial.

Including relevant courses on your tutoring resume can definitely be beneficial, especially if they are directly related to the subjects you are looking to tutor in. It shows that you have a strong understanding of the material and can effectively communicate it to others. However, since you are only in your first year of university, it may be more beneficial to focus on any previous tutoring or teaching experience you may have, as well as any extracurricular activities or leadership roles that demonstrate your ability to effectively work with others. As you progress through your university studies and gain more experience, you can continue to update your resume with relevant courses and their descriptions.

1. What should I include in my tutoring resume?

Your tutoring resume should include your relevant education, experience, skills, and achievements. This can include your degree, any coursework or certifications related to tutoring, previous tutoring experience, and any relevant skills such as subject expertise, communication skills, and time management abilities.

2. How should I format my tutoring resume?

Your tutoring resume should be well-organized and easy to read. Use bullet points to list your skills and experiences, and use a clear and professional font. You can also include headings and sections to separate different categories of information.

3. Should I include references on my tutoring resume?

It is not necessary to include references on your tutoring resume. However, you can include a statement such as "references available upon request" at the end of your resume. Make sure to have a list of references prepared in case a potential employer asks for them.

4. How can I highlight my tutoring experience on my resume?

You can highlight your tutoring experience by listing it under a separate section or by including it in your work experience section. Be sure to include specific details such as the subjects you tutored, the age range of students, and any notable achievements or improvements of your students.

5. What can I do if I have limited tutoring experience?

If you have limited tutoring experience, you can highlight any relevant skills or experiences that could be applicable to tutoring. This can include any teaching experience, volunteer work, or coursework related to the subjects you plan to tutor. You can also include any transferable skills such as communication, patience, and adaptability that are important for tutoring.