Question on proper technique for solving this equation

• Thread starter redtree
  • Start date
In summary, the proper technique for solving an equation is to follow the order of operations and isolate the variable on one side of the equation. You can check your solution by plugging it back into the original equation, or using a calculator or online tool. Different techniques, such as substitution and elimination, can be used to solve equations, but it is important to follow the proper technique for an accurate solution. If you get stuck on a step, you can try breaking down the problem, seeking help from a teacher or tutor, or using online resources. Common mistakes to avoid include forgetting to distribute, making arithmetic errors, and not isolating the variable correctly. It is crucial to double-check your work and be mindful of these mistakes for an accurate solution
redtree
This is NOT a homework question. I am having trouble solving the following differential equation to solve for A[r]:

Snapshot.jpg

Any suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
As far as I can see it is a Bernoulli differential equation of the form ##A'(r) = p(r) A^2(r) + q(r) A(r)## with rational functions ##p(r)## and ##q(r)##. The substitution ##B(r) = A^{-1}(r)## delivers then the LDE ##B' = -p-q B##.

Awesome! That's it. Thanks so much.

1. What is the proper technique for solving an equation?

The proper technique for solving an equation is to follow the order of operations, which includes simplifying expressions, combining like terms, and isolating the variable on one side of the equation.

2. How do I know if my solution is correct?

You can check your solution by plugging it back into the original equation and seeing if it satisfies the equation. You can also use a calculator or online tool to verify your answer.

3. Can I use different techniques to solve an equation?

Yes, there are multiple techniques for solving equations, such as substitution, elimination, and graphing. However, it is important to follow the proper technique to ensure an accurate solution.

4. What should I do if I get stuck on a step while solving an equation?

If you get stuck on a step while solving an equation, you can try breaking down the problem into smaller parts, seeking help from a teacher or tutor, or using online resources to understand the concept better.

5. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when solving equations?

Yes, some common mistakes to avoid when solving equations include forgetting to distribute, making arithmetic errors, and not isolating the variable correctly. It is crucial to double-check your work and be mindful of these mistakes to ensure an accurate solution.