What Drives Physicists? Insights from a Student Questionnaire

• Physics
  • Thread starter rozkurwioza
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physicists
In summary, the Questionnaire for Physicists is a tool used to gather information and insights from physicists for research purposes. It is open to all physicists and the data collected is used to gain a better understanding of the field and identify trends and patterns. The questionnaire is completely anonymous and the results may be published in scientific journals or shared with the public upon request.
rozkurwioza
Hi, I have an aspiration to become a physicist and as part of a school project I had to come up with 20 questions and I would greatly appreciate it if I could get a few physicists to complete the questionnaire. I don't expect long answers, short ones will do fine. Thank you.

1. When did your journey in physics start?
2. What sparked this aspiration?
3. Did you have any relatives involved with physics?
4. At what college did you study?
5. Is physics your passion in life or is it solely your profession?
6. What degree have you achieved so far?
7. How long did it take you to achieve this degree?
8. What was your FYP (Final Year Project) title?
9. If physics wasn’t an option what would be a good alternative for you?
10. Is physics a stressful job?
11. What do you like most about working as a physicist?
12. Is there any physicist you look up to and that motivates you?
13. What do you think is a good way to make physics a more open topic among teenagers?
14. Apart from physics, how do you spend your free time?
15. With the constant advancements in physics, where do you think the world will stand in a hundred years from now on?
16. How long have you been working as a physicist?
17. What are some of the main duties or tasks you do as a physicist?
18. What is your greatest achievement you have achieved that is related to physics?
19. Is there anything you dream of as a physicist?
20. Do you think that physics has an end in terms of technological advancement?

Physics news on Phys.org
rozkurwioza said:
Hi, I have an aspiration to become a physicist and as part of a school project I had to come up with 20 questions and I would greatly appreciate it if I could get a few physicists to complete the questionnaire. I don't expect long answers, short ones will do fine. Thank you.

1. When did your journey in physics start?
2. What sparked this aspiration?
3. Did you have any relatives involved with physics?
4. At what college did you study?
5. Is physics your passion in life or is it solely your profession?
6. What degree have you achieved so far?
7. How long did it take you to achieve this degree?
8. What was your FYP (Final Year Project) title?
9. If physics wasn’t an option what would be a good alternative for you?
10. Is physics a stressful job?
11. What do you like most about working as a physicist?
12. Is there any physicist you look up to and that motivates you?
13. What do you think is a good way to make physics a more open topic among teenagers?
14. Apart from physics, how do you spend your free time?
15. With the constant advancements in physics, where do you think the world will stand in a hundred years from now on?
16. How long have you been working as a physicist?
17. What are some of the main duties or tasks you do as a physicist?
18. What is your greatest achievement you have achieved that is related to physics?
19. Is there anything you dream of as a physicist?
20. Do you think that physics has an end in terms of technological advancement?
Welcome to the PF.

For privacy and anti-phishing reasons, we do not allow interview-type threads at the PF. Thread is closed.

1. What is the purpose of the Questionnaire for Physicists?

The purpose of the Questionnaire for Physicists is to gather information and insights from physicists in order to better understand their research, areas of expertise, and opinions on various topics related to physics.

2. Who can participate in the Questionnaire for Physicists?

The Questionnaire for Physicists is open to all physicists, including students, researchers, and professionals. Anyone who has a background in physics and is willing to share their knowledge and experiences can participate.

3. How is the data from the Questionnaire for Physicists used?

The data collected from the Questionnaire for Physicists is used for research purposes and to gain a deeper understanding of the field of physics. It can also be used to identify trends and patterns in the responses of physicists, which can inform future studies and developments in the field.

4. Is the Questionnaire for Physicists anonymous?

Yes, the Questionnaire for Physicists is completely anonymous. Participants are not required to provide any personal information, and their responses will be kept confidential.

5. How can I access the results of the Questionnaire for Physicists?

The results of the Questionnaire for Physicists may be published in scientific journals or shared with the public through various media platforms. You can also contact the organization or individual conducting the questionnaire to request access to the results.