1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions About Color

1. Jul 2, 2003 #1
    I have about alot of questions. and i did around 85% of the work. the other questions i had to leave blank because they were quite confusing and pretty hard for me. These are quite alot..answer what u may wish.. (If No One Wanna Help Thanks Anyways Just dont get mad at me) :)

1. a) Do tiny particles in the air scarrer high or low frequencies of light?

b) What frequencies do large particles scatter?

2. What is a spectroscope, and what is its funtion?

3. Does the red light from glowing neon gas have only one frequency or a mixture of frequencies?

4. Why might atomic spectra be considered the "fingerprints" of atoms?

5. What is the name of the color produced by a mixture of green and blue light?

6. What colors of spots are lit on a television tube to give full color?

7. What are complementary colors?

8. What color is the complement of blue?

9. What color would a yellow cloth appear if illuminated with sunlight? With yellow light? With Blue Light?

10. How could you use the spotlights at a play to make the yellow clothes of the performers suddenly change to black?

( Short Answers will be highly appreciated )

Thank you very much...
    Thanks in return :)

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 3, 2003 #2

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'm wondering why you consider these "quite confusing". Each asks for a specific piece of information. Nothing confusing about that. There is no problem to solve or reasoning to do. If you do not already know the information asked for, you look it up in your text book.

4. Jul 3, 2003 #3

HallsofIvy

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I'm wondering why you consider these "quite confusing". Each asks for a specific piece of information. Nothing confusing about that. There is no problem to solve or reasoning to do. If you do not already know the information asked for, you look it up in your text book (and I am sure this information IS in your textbook!).

5. Jul 3, 2003 #4
    its hard for me :frown:

6. Jul 3, 2003 #5
    Some of these answers will be in google.com!
    If you textbook doesn't have them...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?