Questions for a Nobel prize winner

• Thread starter IoanTudosa
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nobel prize
In summary, the process for being nominated for a Nobel Prize involves a nomination, selection, and announcement. The selection process is carried out by a committee of experts in the respective field and nominees are evaluated based on their contributions, impact, and character. A Nobel Prize can be revoked in rare circumstances, and it can be shared among up to three recipients. The benefits of winning a Nobel Prize include prestige, recognition, a medal, a diploma, a monetary prize, and opportunities for collaborations and speaking engagements.
IoanTudosa
Hi,

I'm doing a report for someone who'll interview a recent Physics Nobel prize winner. Part of the report involves gathering questions that science undergraduates/graduates might want to ask him. I wonder if this forum is a good place to get them. Any question will be appreciated and you could be notified when the interview goes online.

Thanks,
Ioan

p.s. you can also send me a private message from User CP

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you tell us who?

I missed to put this information. It's Eric Cornell.

Hmm, it seems nobody wants to help me with some questions.

Ioan

Last edited:

1. What is the process for being nominated for a Nobel Prize?

The nomination process for a Nobel Prize involves a nomination, selection, and announcement. Nominations are submitted by individuals or organizations who are considered experts in their field, and the selection process is carried out by a committee of experts in the respective field. The Nobel Prize winners are then announced in October of each year.

2. How are Nobel Prize winners chosen?

Nobel Prize winners are chosen through a rigorous selection process by a committee of experts in the respective field. The committee evaluates the nominees based on their contributions and impact on their field, as well as their character and integrity. Ultimately, the committee must reach a consensus on the winner.

3. Can a Nobel Prize be revoked?

Yes, a Nobel Prize can be revoked in rare circumstances. The Nobel Foundation has the authority to revoke a Nobel Prize if it is later discovered that the recipient has engaged in behavior that is not in line with the values of the Nobel Prize or if the recipient has been found guilty of a crime.

4. Can a Nobel Prize be shared among multiple recipients?

Yes, a Nobel Prize can be shared among up to three recipients. This is often the case in categories such as Physics, Chemistry, and Medicine, where groundbreaking discoveries are often the result of collaborative efforts among multiple individuals.

5. What are the benefits of winning a Nobel Prize?

Aside from the prestige and recognition, Nobel Prize winners receive a medal, a diploma, and a monetary prize. For many, the prize money allows them to continue their research and make even more significant contributions to their field. Additionally, winning a Nobel Prize often opens up opportunities for collaborations and speaking engagements.