Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Quick: Tell me something in physics that we need more of, even if it sounds crazy?

1. Dec 12, 2012 #1
    Let me explain. Suppose I wanted to make the argument that we need more nuclear weapons. Sounds absolutely crazy, but based on some theories (I dont agree with) the more strength you have to more peace you will have.

Can someone give me an example of anything else related to physics/astrophysics/weapons/energy that it sounds CRAZY to say we need more of, but its essential that we have more?

:)

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 13, 2012 #2

tiny-tim

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

money? :smile:

4. Dec 13, 2012 #3

boneh3ad

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Re: Quick: Tell me something in physics that we need more of, even if it sounds crazy

You beat me to it. QFT

5. Dec 13, 2012 #4
    Re: Quick: Tell me something in physics that we need more of, even if it sounds crazy

Anomalies.

6. Dec 13, 2012 #5

Gluons.

7. Dec 13, 2012 #6

PAllen

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Super strings to bind up all the nukes.

8. Dec 13, 2012 #7

Jimmy Snyder's

9. Dec 13, 2012 #8

Strings and dark matter.

10. Dec 13, 2012 #9

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Love

Love without Physics is pointless. Physics without love is just cruelty to cats.

fourier.jpg

11. Dec 13, 2012 #10

Astronuc

Staff: Mentor

Chaos, randomness.

or

Scotty, we need more power! Computationally, that is.

One can never have too many cores.

And more women in science, engineering, technology and management.

12. Dec 13, 2012 #11

Pythagorean

Gold Member

Funding

13. Dec 14, 2012 #12

We need more jobs, less multi-billion dollar particle physics experiments.

14. Dec 14, 2012 #13

Well, if we want free gluons, we'll have to pay for them. Free gluons ain't free.

http://iopscience.iop.org/0954-3899/19/2/007

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook